Alnico blue speaker re-cone

billandobillando Frets: 26
My tech says the alnico blue in my Vox AC15 needs a recone so either to get that done or get a new speaker. What do you think is the best option? How much would a recone cost and any recommendations who i should send it to to get it done?

thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• skayskay Frets: 394
    I've used Roy at roy@recones.com for a blue speaker I blew playing my AC30 flat out at a gig, and after worrying about it being too bright until broken in, it arrived back sounding much better than the other blue in the amp and I was tempted to get the other perfectly working speaker coned to get it sounding as good!

There's a price list on the RMJ Loudspeakers website, and it's listed at £98, but then there could be courier fees on top depending on where you live in relation to him.

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

• billandobillando Frets: 26
    Thanks mate
  • Unless you can drop it in for repair yourself, the courier costs will add up, making it cheaper to buy a new one. Unfortunately.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5051
    skay said:
    I've used Roy at roy@recones.com for a blue speaker I blew. There's a price list on the RMJ Loudspeakers website, and it's listed at £98, but then there could be courier fees on top depending on where you live in relation to him.

Unless you can drop it in for repair yourself, the courier costs will add up, making it cheaper to buy a new one. Unfortunately.

A new blue is over £230…
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Sorry I meant second hand. I found one that had never been used, boxed etc, for £140. 

But yes absolutely cheaper to recone than buy new!
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1445
    +1 for Roy @ Recones.  He sorted a 64 Blue for me.
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1343
    +2 for Roy.. sorted a Mesa EVM12L for me that would have cost a fortune to replace..
  • billandobillando Frets: 26
    Went for a recone thanks