Powered PA Speakers - [now NSD - Yamaha DXR12S]

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SupportactSupportact Frets: 1008
    Thanks everyone for the advice.  We've ended up going for two Yamaha DXR12s, after much debate.  We've got a gig this weekend at a pub so I should be able to give them a good try out. (Also thanks to people who offered to sell me speakers, we've decided to get new ones for this).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 1008
    So we used the new DXR12s at the gig yesterday afternoon. Very impressed by them so far.

It was a gig in a small marquee/gazebo thing in a pub garden, so semi outdoors.  There was a duo on first so we used our PA for both, which was actually quite handy as I could just focus on sound for their set. The speakers were clearly nowhere near their full volume,  and it never felt like they were going feed back. The sound is clear but not harsh, and taking a wander to the back of the beer garden during the duo's set I found it seemed to carry really well even outdoors.  

I think these will do us very well and the only downside is it's made me start wondering whether I could upgrade our monitors with a couple of DXR10s....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom