tuners for a vintage yamaha Fg Guitar

What's Hot

Can anyone recommend a set t of tuners  suitable for a 70s yamaha fg guitar without breaking the bank and in fitting with the age of the guitar. 

The guitar came tor as is and been hanging on the wall for a while after a neck reset, trying to complete a few projects before spring. 

Thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14447
    Looks as if Grover Rotomatics or Gotoh equivalents would directly retrofit without needing to drill any new holes.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    edited February 22
    I’m pretty sure Gotoh SD90-06M are the correct original type.

https://www.gluedtomusic.com/products/238/gotoh-sd90-tuners-3-x-3-nickel-06m/

Or very close - they’re the right key style, and should fit the existing screw holes.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7269
    What is the model number of the guitar and approximate year?
    Yamaha used open gear tuners on some 70s models and others with kind of chunky looking rear covers.
  • musicalstashmusicalstash Frets: 53
    edited February 22
    BillDL said:
    What is the model number of the guitar and approximate year?
    Yamaha used open gear tuners on some 70s models and others with kind of chunky looking rear covers.
    It is a late 70s made in Taiwan model ,which I originally had the enclosed Yamaha branded tuners.. Have ordered a set of gotohs which hopefully do the job ( thanks funkfingers and ICBM) .

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom