SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wanted: cheap and cheerful recording setup

What's Hot
I've never recorded guitar before but would like to dabble and don't want to spend lots; does anyone have a cheap and cheerful interface and microphone up for sale?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mo6020mo6020 Frets: 366
    I have a Focusrite Solo and AT2020 in a box here that I'm not using. Not sure if that fits your use case, but it did me fine until I needed/wanted more IO.

Where are you based? Not sure I can be arsed to find a box and send it but if you're in or can easily get to east London and can collect you can have it for free.
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SparksSparks Frets: 29
    DM incoming!
  • As far as cheap microphones go, I know Behringer are supposedly good value for money. They make an SM58 clone (XM8500), SM57 clone (SL75C) and e906 clone (b906) which are all meant to be great, just pick which flavour you like the look of most
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • SparksSparks Frets: 29
    Thanks, but @mo6020 kindly hooked me up with a Focusrite and an AT2020 that I'm going to start playing with as soon as some cables arrive. Preparing myself to hear my playing recorded for the first time and be appalled. 
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 366
    Sparks said:
    Thanks, but @mo6020 kindly hooked me up with a Focusrite and an AT2020 that I'm going to start playing with as soon as some cables arrive. Preparing myself to hear my playing recorded for the first time and be appalled. 
    There's nothing quite like the feeling of listening back to what you thought was a brilliant take and hearing all the mistakes you've made. Ping me if you're having issues getting set up  :#
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CleckoClecko Frets: 295
    What a great example of forum love!