chase bliss is teasing something new coming tomorrow… it's the Condor HiFi

What's Hot
WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
edited February 22 in FX
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• brucegillbrucegill Frets: 721
    edited February 21
    Sounds nice and filtered…. Is that warble on the repeats only? Looking forward to seeing what it is!
    Whitecat said:
    Looks like you were right! 
  • WTB22WTB22 Frets: 65
    Condor HIFI. From the release email: 

1. It has that new, higher headroom power supply from Preamp MKII.

2. It uses the OPA1662 op amps which are lower noise and have a different clipping characteristic than the original.

Limited to 2000 and 1000 of those are being reserved for original Condor owners to have theirs sent in for upgrade. Bagged one this morning. Seems a super versatile tool to have but I’m particularly interested in trying it how Joey Landreth uses his by having the LPF sweep on an expression pedal. 

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    $50 to upgrade from the original....

1500 of the original, I think I am going to keep it as is, if I want more headroom, can always get the PreAmp MK II.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    Argh, I grabbed one. Stupid limited nature of this kinda forced my hand, suspect it’ll go quick - the irony being that if it wasn’t limited, it won’t. Anyway always kinda wanted a Condor but never got one while they were current so there it is. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1844
    Got mine ordered.
    The way they are doing it, there will be a 2nd run.  They are keeping 1000 back for the 1500 copies out there for upgrade.  They don't expect everyone to, which is probably right, but I also expect the numbers will be less than 1000 so there should be a 2nd run.
    Mine has shipped. Yay!
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    Yeah mine too! Gotta admire that efficiency!!
    I ordered a Mood II at lunchtime Boxing Day and had a confirmation email and another email about another problem all within an hour.
    Frankly I was shocked, half the team in on Boxing Day...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Whitecat said:
    Argh, I grabbed one. Stupid limited nature of this kinda forced my hand, suspect it’ll go quick - the irony being that if it wasn’t limited, it won’t. Anyway always kinda wanted a Condor but never got one while they were current so there it is. 
    Haha. Same here lol. Damn you chase bliss. Damn you. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WTB22WTB22 Frets: 65
    Mine’s shipped too. Crazy how good the service from CB is after going direct only. I can wait longer from some UK retailers than I do for Chase Bliss to come over the pond, straight to my door. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stevrossthepipestevrossthepipe Frets: 138
    edited February 22
    This has me realllly tempted. Had the original ones but the clipping wasn't  always desirable but sounded fab when you dialed it in. So many textures. Also now I think I get it more now and would probably put it at the end  this time.
    edited February 23
    This was announced at the perfect time for me, I got the email at 4am and ordered immediately.  A no brainer as I was debating an Origin ME-Q but this obviously does quite a bit more.
    I'm a real CB fan now after buying 4 in the preceding 6 weeks, and all of them do much more than I anticipated.
    It's arrived! But I won't be home for a few hours yet.   Booo!
    Brio said:
    It's arrived! But I won't be home for a few hours yet.   Booo!
    What about now?  ;)
    Mine turned up. Nice, but not “wow”, it’s an eq pedal at the end of the day. Then I turned it off and everything sounds dull lol. More time needed!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Had a couple more nights playing with mine and am very happy. Initially I felt the same as @brucegill but that was with the Condor into the Tonex. Once I started using it with Garageband and a bunch of other stuff going on I was able to get the guitar just where I wanted it in the mix.
    I could do it with plugins but of course the Condor will work live. My PRS SE DGT and Tele were great with it but I really felt the benefit with my Chapman Bea Baritone where it let me pull out exactly what made it work in each situation. I bought a secondhand Faves pedal and it pairs really well with the new toy.
    Very happy, a definite utility pedal rather than an effect in my mind.