Takamine pre amp repair .( And a warning to others )

mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
As title...like a daft tw@t i left the 4xAA batteries in my Jap Takamine en10c pre amp ( it was a upgraded cooltube CTP-1R  ) .
I thought i'd give it a blast tonight( after 6 months untouched lying in the case on top of a wardrobe)

I got it out of the case and the buttons on the tuner bit were stiff not push push for tuner on/ off and pitch.

I took the pre amp out then the tuner bit and the batteries( Duracell) had all leaked , so binned them and got it all cleaned up , the battery termanel springs and connections were ok  ...with brand new batteries fitted the power light red is now showing on the tuner bit but it won't turn to green to tune and the pich button does not work at all ( i assume because it is not on green) the cooltube pre amp was untouched by the leak so i assume will be working.

so my options are ..

1. Would/ could Takamine u.k repair it ? or someone clever with electronics on here ? i would pay for their time and if it was buggered well so be it ,it was only going to be binned anyhow.

2. if option 1 fails advertise for a s/ h one on here..any Japan one will fit ( apart from cooltube 2) but would prefer in order.

A.   Graph ex pre amp ( original came with this one )

B.   CT4 BII    (Thommann have these in stock for £99)

C.    Cool tube CTP-1R 

3.Rocky horse shit...someone has the tuner bit out of a Takamine pre amp lying in a drawer.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments