Akg c414 xls help

What's Hot
Hey guys I just bought my first microphone (used) and I have no former experience with recording with a microphone so sorry in advance for the newbie question.

When I plugged the microphone to my interface for the first time in order to test it (it's ocusrite clarett+) the volume was super low, i.e. I had to put the preamp gain to max to actually be able to record with a decent level, so picking up an incredible amount of noise. I immediately thought there was something wrong but after some time, let's say 10 minutes, the volume started increasing and the microphone started working well.

Is this normal or does it mean there's something wrong with it? 
Can some akg 414 owner help me out? 

Thanks in advance 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    edited February 22
    Phantom power switched on? Might say "48v" on a switch on your interface. Maybe try another input if the power to the mic on one channel is inconsistent.

Maybe...It might have been in storage for some time & the mic's internal capacitors needed to wake up. See if it happens again.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • spir4Lspir4L Frets: 87
    So I have tried changing input and of course 48 was on and it did it in on both the inputs and then started working on both.

I will double check later today! Thanks

Winny_Pooh said:
    Phantom power switched on? Might say "48v" on a switch on your interface. Maybe try another input if the power to the mic on one channel is inconsistent.

Maybe...It might have been in storage for some time & the mic's internal capacitors needed to wake up. See if it happens again.

• spir4Lspir4L Frets: 87
    @Winny_Pooh I forgot to update the thread but I didn't have any issues since so I guess your speculation was right! 

Thanks