Bad Batch final season

What's Hot
First 3 episodes were released yesterday. Anyone watched them yet? I thought episode 1 in particular was great, some brilliant visuals and a real menacing feel to it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18758
    Is this another film about Gremlins?
  • No.

(Latest Star Wars animated series)
  • Gawd, still on season 2. How many is there?

littlegreenman < My tunes here...

The final one is season 3, and it's only just started. Well worth taking your time and enjoying the episodes!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

The final one is season 3, and it's only just started. Well worth taking your time and enjoying the episodes!
    Good to know it's not another "you need to know ep3 from s4 to know what's going on" type thing
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    My son and I watched all 3 when they came out, he’s a big fan. Definitely a slightly more gritty feel and a pervading sense of loss in parts, I’m interested to see where it goes.

Need to know whether Tech is still alive and where Echo is currently…presumably with Rex somewhere.

• Agreed on all counts @Moe_Zambeek, I don't know how to do that hiding-the-text thing, but I agree with that too.
  • Switch625Switch625 Frets: 583
    What about

Project Necromancer and potentially tying it in to The Rise Of Skywalker... that would answer how the Emporer returned eh?

Agreed on all counts @Moe_Zambeek, I don't know how to do that hiding-the-text thing, but I agree with that too.

Click on the Format button above and choose Spoiler (just figured it out myself).
  • Switch625 said:
    What about

Project Necromancer and potentially tying it in to The Rise Of Skywalker... that would answer how the Emporer returned eh?

Agreed on all counts @Moe_Zambeek, I don't know how to do that hiding-the-text thing, but I agree with that too.

Click on the Format button above and choose Spoiler (just figured it out myself).

My word, I think you're onto something there!

• KurtisKurtis Frets: 638
    Can't be worse than the movie! 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24804
    No, Murphy Labs…
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 638
    edited February 23
    No, Murphy Labs…
    You're obsessed man! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve not been a huge fan of Bad Batch, manly because Omega’s voice really grates on me. Anyway I agree about episode 1, it had that gritty foreboding feel  that reminded me a bit of Andor. The editing was great, it really gave the depressing repetitive feel of incarceration. I think the music had something to do with it too, which has that warn tape wobble effect to it.

I thought it was a cut above the previous series’.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    Omega’s accent annoyed at first but I’ve got used to it :) we refer to the show now as The Bid Bitch as a result!
  • Episode 4 was good! Some of the visuals are stunning, and I enjoyed the northern English accent :-)

Predictions for where it's going?

Omega to lead them all on an assault on Hemlock's base, freeing the prisoners and discovering Tech is there, alive. And they all live happily ever after on that remote island. The end.

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    Omega’s accent annoyed at first but I’ve got used to it :) we refer to the show now as The Bid Bitch as a result!

All the principal cast except Hunter get alternative names too- Tick, Ricker, Icko, Crosshere, Rix...

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• I’ve tried and tried to get into Bad Batch but it just doesn’t grab me at all. I loved TCW and Rebels, so I don’t know why this one doesn’t work for me :(
  • I’ve tried and tried to get into Bad Batch but it just doesn’t grab me at all. I loved TCW and Rebels, so I don’t know why this one doesn’t work for me :(
    Fair enough, I've not seen all TCW and found it to be less consistently good. Bad Batch and Rebels are my absolute faves.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9535
    Is this the new Gibson ML film ?
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 920
    Update: still really loving it. Especially liked this week's "I don't like it when daddy and daddy fight" undertones.

Also, as much as I like the magic space wizards in Star Wars generally, it's nice that Bad Batch (and Andor) don't rely on magic space wizards to get out of tricky situations.