New Kings of Leon

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27322
After a handful of fairly consistently duff records lately, I quite like it

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10477
    Excellent news. I actually think their last album was one of their best but I've been longing for some new material. Album out in May then. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27322
    Danny1969 said:
    Excellent news. I actually think their last album was one of their best but I've been longing for some new material. Album out in May then. 
    I just googled and honestly I didn't realised they'd released one since Walls, which was pants. I did enjoy bits of Mechanical Bull, but Come Around Sundown was meh aside from Radioactive and Back Down South. 

Looks like I have some listening to do! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Its pretty interesting that. Nice lo fi vibe (ignoring the video). I do forget how much I love that band and revisit all of their records every year or so. 
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3431
    I like that. When they’re good they’re good and they definitely have something unique about them. 

• LPManicLPManic Frets: 1104
    They have the most important thing in all bands - distinctive vocals and a great drummer. 

Always give them a listen but had completely forgotten about them. Fans is some tune.
  • It's not bad but not what I expected.
    I liked Walls.
    Didn't even buy the last one.
    I don't know if it was the video that put me off but it's a bit weird.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 23
    I can hear the idea behind it. I like the vibe but the chorus is too much - for me anyhow. They must be at a weird point where they will sell zero records and no one will listen to this but they will headline festivals around the world. Fair play to them.

Edit - actually the more I listen to it the more I like it. Like the idea of the video as well.

Edit 2 - after listening to it three times in a row Wet Leg really have a lot to answer for.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Like it. It’s a bit Velvet Underground-y in the verse which is cool. Not too polished either. Thanks for mentioning it.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10477
    There's about 5 bands / artist  over my 45 years of listening to music that have something special about them. To me at least. KOL just have that special quality .... they still sound like where they come from yet they push it forward with every release. I'm loving this song and looking forward to to the album 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    edited February 24
    I actually only just watched the video having listened in the car yesterday. I like it! 

LPManic said:
    I can hear the idea behind it. I like the vibe but the chorus is too much - for me anyhow. They must be at a weird point where they will sell zero records and no one will listen to this but they will headline festivals around the world. Fair play to them.

This made me chuckle as it's worked for the Rolling Stones since 1982! D

Mind you KOL are now older as a band as the Stones were when Start Me Up came out... I remember seeing them at Glastonbury 2004 just before Aha Shake released
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    That’s the best thing they've done for years, really like it. 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4730

I've never been an avid fan but liked their early albums.  But didn't like sex on fore and the stuff around then.

This sounds better, rawer, with an early 70's punk rock vibe.
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1179
    It's a bit weird being able to understand what he's actually saying for a change.

• I actually only just watched the video having listened in the car yesterday. I like it! 

LPManic said:

This made me chuckle as it's worked for the Rolling Stones since 1982! D

Mind you KOL are now older as a band as the Stones were when Start Me Up came out... I remember seeing them at Glastonbury 2004 just before Aha Shake released
    that reminds me of a comment I lol'd on facebook. 'Hopefully they dont do a mumford and sons'. I think KOL were 5 albums old when M&S released their first. 

Ive also just loled the the most M&S band ever's initials are M&S
    As a bonus I might be seeing them in September. They’re playing NYC the week we’re hoping to be over there :) 

(also The National & War on Drugs the same week if I can wangle tickets!)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Really liking it. Looking forward to seeing them do it on one of the chatshows or on YouTube or wherever.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6937
    LPManic said:
    Really liking it. Looking forward to seeing them do it on one of the chatshows or on YouTube or wherever.
    Enjoy ! ;)

https://youtu.be/VZgRd24hSgk?si=RwrUDUKBPucAFHc7

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Man they've always had really great guitar sounds. Do I need a Matchless...? 
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 385
    I enjoyed that song despite having lost interest in them since their second album. Perhaps I'll trawl through the albums now.
    They really are the example of how important the voice is to a rock n roll band.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom