Voting for Solo of the Month (SotM) #103

What's Hot
Welcome to the voting thread for Solo of the Month (SotM) #103. Feel free to vote and comment in this thread.

Thanks to @fastonebaz for this backing track

Vote for your top 3 entries. If you're an entrant you can't vote for yourself.

1st choice gets 5 points
2nd choice gets 3 points
3rd choice gets 1 point

Voting will end at midnight 29th February 2024.

The top three will be announced after the voting closes. No prizes. It's just for fun.

It's not a competition.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LewyLewy Frets: 4238
    Excellent backing track (thanks @fastonebaz ) and consistently great entries all round. My votes:

5 points - Susbemol - perfect for the track, lovely tone and phrasing. If I'd got a session player in to play a solo over this track, this solo is what I would have hoped they'd do
    3 points - Bellycaster - touch, tone and lovely harmonic awareness. Playing over the changes without sounding self-conscious about doing so
    1 point - Fastonebaz - I enjoyed the different movements ... starts quite textural, then goes more notey, then goes....into whatever that is that I don't understand but sounds great!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • midiman1962midiman1962 Frets: 102
    edited February 23
    The quality of the entries this month was very high

5 points @Lewy i liked the fact that it was rocky edged and the bend at 59 seconds made me realise how shit I am at bends
    3 points @Bellycaster using twin guitars in part 2 was a master stroke 
    1 point @susbemol with brilliant jazz tone and hints of robben ford and George benson

and…special mention to @flying_pie for sharing my sense of humour 
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 403
    5 points: @Bellycaster - lovely vibe, excellent fit for the track.
    3 points: @Lewy - super smooth legato and trem work, superb stuff.
    1 point: @fastonebaz - nice bits of light and shade.
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4110
    5pts @flying_pie Outstanding representation of a jolly merry Frenchman clutching a bottle of Bordeaux and stumbling along the river path happily humming aloud because earlier that day his girlfriend said "OUI!"  I loved it and burst into beaming smile with each listen.  Inspired Sir :smiley: 

3pts @susbemol very magnificent indeed.

1pt @stratman3142 so restrained and very tasty melodies.
  • 5 points : @susbemol ; : Jazzy and bluesy, some great lines, Nice chordal elements

3 points : @Lewy : Lovely whammy, legato and melodic playing. A bit Alan Murphy'ish in tone and style, which is always a big vote winner for me. The bend at 57s sounded a bit strange in the context of the flowing style, but maybe that's just me :)

1 point : @maharg101 : Nice Hendrix'ish double stops at the start. Melodic, understated and good tone.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7207
    5 points : @susbemol ; : Jazzy and bluesy, some great lines, Nice chordal elements

3 points : @Lewy : Lovely whammy, legato and melodic playing. A bit Alan Murphy'ish in tone and style, which is always a big vote winner for me. The bend at 57s sounded a bit strange in the context of the flowing style, but maybe that's just me :)

1 point : @maharg101 : Nice Hendrix'ish double stops at the start. Melodic, understated and good tone.

I was about to say pretty much the same , as I mentioned originally, talent permitting I would have gone for exactly what susbemol submitted as it was pretty much what was going through my head. 

It was a tough choice between Lewy and maharg for the 3 points but the whammy sealed the points for me !
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 403
    That is very kind of you, @DrCornelius!

I am not sure if you have officially submitted your votes though?
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7207
    susbemol said:
    That is very kind of you, @DrCornelius!

I am not sure if you have officially submitted your votes though?
    Sorry you are right so for clarity

susbemol - 5 pts
    Lewy - 3 pts
    Maharg101 - 1pt

:-)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5861
    Bit of an odd one, this. I'm voting in order of best fit to the track, which seems to be the more laid back solos, but then I beak that by putting Lewy's solo at the top of the league. Don't ask, I'm as confused as you are.

5 Points - Lewy.

3 Points - Stratman

1 Point - Susbemol

I'm off for a lie down.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4238
    Bit of an odd one, this. I'm voting in order of best fit to the track, which seems to be the more laid back solos, but then I beak that by putting Lewy's solo at the top of the league. Don't ask, I'm as confused as you are.

5 Points - Lewy.

3 Points - Stratman

1 Point - Susbemol

I'm off for a lie down.
    I think you've just defined my ambition for the remainder of my musical life....to play things that someone likes, but at the same time feels utterly confused and dismayed as to why :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5861
    Lewy said:

5 Points - Lewy.

3 Points - Stratman

1 Point - Susbemol

I'm off for a lie down.
    I think you've just defined my ambition for the remainder of my musical life....to play things that someone likes, but at the same time feels utterly confused and dismayed as to why :)
    Haha, loved it to be honest, it just broke the "Laid Back" vibe I was getting from the others :)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Voting closes tomorrow (29th Feb) at midnight.

It's not a competition.
  • Voting closes tonight at midnight.

It's not a competition.
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1817
    5 points @stratman3142 ;

3 points @Bellycaster .

1 point @susbemol .

Incredibly hard to pick just three. I think that's been the most difficult out of all the SOTMs to choose. Great solos all round
  • maharg101maharg101 Frets: 691
    5pts @susbemol

1pt @stratman3142

So much great tone and playing here from everyone. My main criteria for votes were musical / mood fit with the track.

Well played everyone. This was a cracker.
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2198
    Voting closed.

It's not a competition.