Power Cables

UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12905
Guys I bought a second hand CS7 recently and the individual DC cables it came with are cheap and nasty ones. They don't inspire confidence. 

Can anyone recommend a decent, but inexpensive set of replacements? Ideally straight at one end and angled at the other.

Ta!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guyinlyonguyinlyon Frets: 316
    Guys I bought a second hand CS7 recently and the individual DC cables it came with are cheap and nasty ones. They don't inspire confidence. 

Can anyone recommend a decent, but inexpensive set of replacements? Ideally straight at one end and angled at the other.

The ones that came with my CS7 have performed well for eight years so far.
  • guyinlyon said:

The ones that came with my CS7 have performed well for eight years so far.
    These aren't the originals, unfortunately. A previous owner must have swapped them out. 
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 366
    If this is the CS7 that you got from me recently then they are the originals. The ones with white and yellow ends are the original ones that came with the unit. I didn’t swap anything out, but I think I included a couple of extra black cables that I got from Amazon (I bought those because I needed cables longer than the ones that came with it). 
  • DoctorX said:
    If this is the CS7 that you got from me recently then they are the originals. The ones with white and yellow ends are the original ones that came with the unit. I didn’t swap anything out, but I think I included a couple of extra black cables that I got from Amazon (I bought those because I needed cables longer than the ones that came with it). 
    No, i bought a second one - which is how I know the cables with it are a bit shit in comparison! 
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 366
    Ah right, cool. I think the longer ones I got from Amazon were these ones: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01BD8VZNI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
    I’ve probably got some more of them somewhere if they’re any use to you?

• Cool, thanks for the link. I'd actually forgotten there were extras in the box of the one I'd got from you - that gets me almost all the way there.

I'll probably buy a few more "official" truetone ones, if only because I like the colour coding. 

I am mildly peeved at this one I bought (from ebay) because I don't think any of the cables that came with it are the OEM truetone ones. That'll teach me... 
  • Apparently I won't be buying the truetone ones because they're basically non existent outside the US.

Joy.