Guitar bus issues reaper

What's Hot
I recorded two rhythm guitars pan hard left and right route them both to one guitar channel.
When I play the Di sound they're panned hard L+R, once I add the amp sim (ml sound roots amp) only one chanel plays and it's centred.
I wanted to do this so I only had to add one load of fx, but now I have to add fx to each guitar channel before bussing them to one. 

I'm thinking the ampsim is the issue here. Any advice? 
I can produce pictures later
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• maharg101maharg101 Frets: 690
    I'm not familiar with the amp SIM, but I'd suspect that's a mono in and mono out, like most amps. 
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
  • maharg101 said:
    I'm not familiar with the amp SIM, but I'd suspect that's a mono in and mono out, like most amps. 
    You're most likely right. I was trying to save some cpu power and know some amp sims can do stereo, guess this can't. But can't complain it's free
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3680
    edited February 27
    You can also process a track and freeze it so the modeller is not used live twice…  that will save CPU power and you can always go back to alter it later.  Will let you alter the tone of each guitar too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Reaper shows the input/output patching for FX at the top right of the window. It'll say "1 in/1 out", "2 in/2 out" etc to indicate what it's currently routed as. When you click on that, it shows a routing matrix for the channels feeding that FX unit. 

Reaper can have multiple channels under each track and allows for complex routing, so it's worth poking about to see what's happening in there. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5382
    If the routing won't support it, could you get around the CPU load by having the amp sim on its own track and using sends from the guitar tracks? i.e. the same way you would if you wanted to have a consistent reverb sound but with different degrees of wetness on different source tracks.
  • It's fine I have enough cpu to handle it just wanted to be efficient as possible. It's probably better to have two so I have slight differences in tone when panning hard left and right