Any takers?

What's Hot
SmellyfingersSmellyfingers Frets: 939
edited February 25 in Acoustics
https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/231113415507020--martin-d45-harvey-leach

I admit I am very tempted, the artwork is genuinely beautiful imo, and it might end my somewhat distracting search for the ‘one’ guitar.

And then there is the stimulating challenge of working out how to raise the asking price … and what to tell my partner/family/bank etc
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SoupmanSoupman Frets: 233
    Personally I think Martin have lost the plot lately.
    Think of the number of other quality guitars you could buy for a fraction of that.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    edited February 28

And then there is the stimulating challenge of working out how to raise the asking price … 
    check out an entry level Jeff Traugott .............................. go on...........................google it
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Yuck!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BahHumbugBahHumbug Frets: 350
    Includes hard case
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GTCGTC Frets: 263
    edited February 26
    I've never heard of Harvey Leach and his inlay work is probably of the highest quality. However regarding the guitar, the term "pond-life" springs to mind.

A much better bet would be going to Brook and getting Jack to work his magic on some tasteful inlays. You'd get a much better guitar and you could tell your loved ones about the tens of thousands you'd saved them.

• SmellyfingersSmellyfingers Frets: 939
    edited February 26
    GTC said:
    I've never heard of Harvey Leach and his inlay work is probably of the highest quality. However regarding the guitar, the term "pond-life" springs to mind.

I much better bet would be going to Brook and getting Jack to work his magic on some tasteful inlays. You'd get a much better guitar and you could tell your loved ones about the tens of thousands you'd saved them.

Yes,  posting it was kind of a weak trolling attempt.

I think the salient point is they must think there is a market for such pieces:

But, much as I like the inlays, I have never met anyone who would lose touch with their common sense in such a spectacular fashion and who would also have £35,000 just lying around. I must get out more..
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5630
    Bleugh!  No thanks!  Does the artwork (and price tag) make it play/sound better?

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• GTCGTC Frets: 263
    edited February 27
    GTC said:

I much better bet would be going to Brook and getting Jack to work his magic on some tasteful inlays. You'd get a much better guitar and you could tell your loved ones about the tens of thousands you'd saved them.

Yes,  posting it was kind of a weak trolling attempt.

I think the salient point is they must think there is a market for such pieces:

But, much as I like the inlays, I have never met anyone who would lose touch with their common sense in such a spectacular fashion and who would also have £35,000 just lying around. I must get out more..
    When you consider the amount of money that was recently paid for some good but unspectacular readily available guitar models just because they were reportedly played by Mark Knoppfler, common sense does seem to be in short supply.

So - their marketing department may be on to something - but that's all a bit sad really.
  • idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1412
    edited February 27
    Martin have been selling these kind of guitars for years. It's not new. They presumably have regular collectors for these fancy inlay editions although I'm surprised that one of these has ended up at GuitarGuitar. I would have thought this is more of an American thing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DavidRDavidR Frets: 744
    edited February 27
    I agree, this instrument is for the collectors of shiny guitar-shaped stuff! Also - Green? Really? 

If I wanted bling I think it would probably be a car. But generally bling seems a poor use for that finite stuff, money.

The Martin Tax is a definite thing though innit. 
  • I was in a guitar store with a mate who was blind, we gave him a very blingy high end guitar to try without telling him anything about it. He “ saw” the guitar for what it was . I never forgot that day
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom