SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Fitted Soft Case or Padded Gig Bag for Telecaster or Shaped Hard Case

SammySammy Frets: 129
edited April 4 in Parts £
Anyone got one for sale at reasonable price for normal Fender Telecaster shape?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SammySammy Frets: 129
    mark123 said:

Thomann looks quite decent though have to pay extra £10 for shipping, Gak one more expensive and a third kess padding!
  • I've got a branded Fender one that I got in a trade. Full disclosure: it's got a bit of a smoky smell from the previous owner. I assume you could stick it in the washing machine but I haven't attempted it. If that doesn't put you off then it's yours for a tenner.

It's more or less one of these https://www.fender.com/en-GB/accessories/gig-bags/fe405-electric-gig-bag/0991312406.html

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 836
    Thumbs up for the TGI Extreme - these must be the best gigbags for the money 
    ToastHat said:
    I've got a branded Fender one that I got in a trade. Full disclosure: it's got a bit of a smoky smell from the previous owner. I assume you could stick it in the washing machine but I haven't attempted it. If that doesn't put you off then it's yours for a tenner.

It's more or less one of these https://www.fender.com/en-GB/accessories/gig-bags/fe405-electric-gig-bag/0991312406.html

Thanks but I think I take a miss being a non-smoker! :s
    Anyone got a decent one for sale?
    Just included shaped hard case, lightweight, not too heavy. No oblong cases please. Thanks
    Still looking as nothing suitable yet!
  • chromatunachromatuna Frets: 368
    edited March 17
    I was just about to post a practically new Gibson gig bag for sale. Came with my Les Paul Special in 2019 which immediately went into a hard case. Used just once out of the house to take a Telecaster to a party. External measurements, straight length 107cm width 44cm. Very well padded and seems good quality. Sold prices seem to vary between £35 and £50 plus postage on eBay. Yours for £35 inc. postage if you’re interested. (slightly dusty in photo) pm if interested

This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
    I was just about to post a practically new Gibson gig bag for sale. Came with my Les Paul Special in 2019 which immediately went into a hard case. Used just once out of the house to take a Telecaster to a party. External measurements, straight length 107cm width 44cm. Very well padded and seems good quality. Sold prices seem to vary between £35 and £50 plus postage on eBay. Yours for £35 inc. postage if you’re interested. (slightly dusty in photo) pm if interested

Sorry just couldn't put a Telecaster in a Gibson gig bag! :s
    Still looking as the new shaped soft case I received today, whilst lovely and light and looked really good and resonably sturdy, my Telecaster was banging from side to side and the neck was also moving about when you went to carry it! On checking the base rocked from side to side when pressed down so obviously the case bottom wasn't level and the neck was at an angle resting on the neck recess as the foam padding on the bottom it appeared was too shallow!

Can't fault the retailer at all as once explained they sent a return sticker within 5 minutes so it was taken to a local drop off and posted back same day!

Real shame as seemed a really nice case! :/
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5514
    Sammy said:
    Still looking as the new shaped soft case I received today, whilst lovely and light and looked really good and resonably sturdy, my Telecaster was banging from side to side and the neck was also moving about when you went to carry it! On checking the base rocked from side to side when pressed down so obviously the case bottom wasn't level and the neck was at an angle resting on the neck recess as the foam padding on the bottom it appeared was too shallow!

Can't fault the retailer at all as once explained they sent a return sticker within 5 minutes so it was taken to a local drop off and posted back same day!

Which case was that then, so we can maybe avoid it?
    DiscoStu said:
    Sammy said:

Which case was that then, so we can maybe avoid it?

I am happy to share the info but I want to advise it could have just been a faulty case, as they offered to ship another one but I declined as it may have had the same issue and didn't want the hassel of sending another one back. But whilst I bought it straight from the online shop, on ebay they had previously sold around100, albeit others might have put a different guitar in it, but I did check with the retailer first that it was suitable for a Telecaster, plus the sizes shown, looked a good fit.

The case in quest was one of their own brand "Electric Guitar Foam Case by Gear4music" at £49.95