NVD: New Vibrator Day!

What's Hot
Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3027
edited February 27 in FX
I really, REALLY. need to grow up. This juvenile behaviour is a disappointment to myself and all that know me. The inner Beavis and Butthead is still strong here I’m afraid.

Well here we are, a magnificent black plastic throbbing vibrator. Made by Rocktek in the 80’s I guess. It’s actually a pretty nice sounding tremolo pedal, something I haven’t had since I sold my old Mooer Trelicopter many moons ago.

This gets very choppy and square wave with the depth set high. An interesting “feature” is that the depth and speed control labels are round the wrong way/incorrectly labelled. This of course means that it is a “collectors item” and worth sqillions of pounds if I ever sell it on Reverb!  p

The question is “would Fred have got this if it had been named Rocktek Tremolo”?

No. No I wouldn’t. There. I said it. I’m a muppet. Sue me.

Well I am going to embark on a pleasure filled evening with my new toy.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Any comments about running into a big muff are automatically sent to the naughty step.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1133
    I suppose "using your vibrator on a Red Knob" would be equally frowned upon?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9636
    Change your name to Vibrating Vince.

I had a Rocktek Chorus which I had permanently on from 1986-1995. I’ve always thought they bore some resemblance to Arion pedals but never really determined if there was an actual link.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I can honestly say that I have never tried to play “How soon is now” in my entire life. Both controls set to 3 o’clock and I just couldn’t help myself. To my tired old lug’ols this nails that sound really well.

Im actually, surprisingly quite impressed with it so far.

I used to have 4 different Arion pedals and always thought they sounded decent. I’m down to just the one now, the Overdrive.  Maybe I should embark on making a “cheap plastic 80’s” pedal board just for the lols.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    edited February 27
    You need one of these to use it on....
    https://www.cuntz-guitars.de/en/

"I often get compliments from the audience about my Cuntz, but when I switch my vibrator on it takes things to a whole new level."

Right, Butthead? Snigger, snigger 

• Secret_SamSecret_Sam Frets: 277
    You are creating a lot of buzz for this product.  The marketing staff will be looking forward to improved penetration. 
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1415
    Shiver Me Timbers! That's a great name, but a painful looking shape. Does it run on batteries?
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3470
    I see its ontop of your amp, its always a good idea to warm up your vibrator before playing with it.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.