SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED: Lazy J20 without trem/reverb

What's Hot
goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6169
edited March 3 in Amps £
As per title, I am looking for a Lazy J20, but specifically one without the trem/reverb add-ons. I also don't need the VAC, but that's less important. Ideally with a Celestion Blue, but it's not a deal-breaker.

Let me know. Cheers.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3884
    edited February 29
    I used to have one like that but sold it, so I'm no help.

Got a fully-loaded one now and love it.

One wonders though...If you're not bothered about having reverb, trem, VAC or Blue, is it worth paying Lazy J money?

The 'only' difference from a regular 5E3 would be the 6L6 valves (slightly over simplifying here).

I think I'd be looking closely at that Gartone 5E3 in the classifieds (no affiliation), although that's an expensive option too.
  • Didn’t wanna de-rail the classified, exactly what lebarque said, having had a j20 & now a hand made 5e3, the bigger iron in the j takes away from the 5e3 magic 
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6169
    Thanks for the advice. Good points. I will have a look for that Gartone.

I did see a 'regular' 5E3 clone pop up today, but it's collection only, IIRC.
  • daddyashdaddyash Frets: 40
    Pmd
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5054
    Didn’t wanna de-rail the classified, exactly what lebarque said, having had a j20 & now a hand made 5e3, the bigger iron in the j takes away from the 5e3 magic 
    Personally I think a Lazy J20 has all of the magic of a bog standard 5e3 and a lot more good stuff besides. I say that having owned at least four normal 5e3s (Rift, Victoria etc) and more than four Lazy Js. YMMV etc…
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Didn’t wanna de-rail the classified, exactly what lebarque said, having had a j20 & now a hand made 5e3, the bigger iron in the j takes away from the 5e3 magic 
    Personally I think a Lazy J20 has all of the magic of a bog standard 5e3 and a lot more good stuff besides. I say that having owned at least four normal 5e3s (Rift, Victoria etc) and more than four Lazy Js. YMMV etc…
    What's your favourite out of all of them, @fretfinder ?
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9574
    This. Spot on.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5054
    edited February 29
    Lebarque said:
    I would previously have said a Lazy J20 but I recently got a J10 so give me a bit more time with that one and I might change my mind!    Everyone's ears are different though and we don’t all hear the same tonal qualities or like the same sounds, which is of course fine and dandy. 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Lebarque said:
    I would previously have said a Lazy J20 but I recently got a J10 so give me a bit more time with that one and I might change my mind!    Everyone's ears are different though and we don’t all hear the same tonal qualities or like the same sounds, which is of course fine and dandy. 
    Nice. Noticing much difference between the 10 and 20?
    Apols to the OP, but it's all relevant info and free bumps I guess.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Lebarque said:
    Lebarque said:
    Nice. Noticing much difference between the 10 and 20?
    Apols to the OP, but it's all relevant info and free bumps I guess.
    No worries - it's all interesting to read.

The good news is that I may be sorted with a J20. Will update again if I am still looking. Thanks all.
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 867
    Pmd you
  • TitchTitch Frets: 45
    There's a one for sale on Facebook Market place in Corbridge Northumberland if that's any help.
    Titch said:
    There's a one for sale on Facebook Market place in Corbridge Northumberland if that's any help.
    Thanks for the heads-up, but I should be sorted by this time tomorrow. :)