EVH Icon 15w Amp, Potential Hum Issue

DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
I’ve got this EVH Icon 15w 1x10” combo, it was a birthday present from my two oldest friends. I love it, after years of trying so many different amps to get that drive sound in my head at useable this really is perfect.

I turned it on tonight and once you take it out of standby there’s this hum that I don’t recall being there yesterday.but I’m not 100% sure. It’s not volume dependant it’s stays the same and I wonder if it’s just what the amp does but I’m not sure. I do also wonder if accidentally leaving it on standby for 6 hours yesterday has borked something 

Any thoughts or advice gratefully received 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Noooooooooo! It was all going so well with that one too, I hope you get it sorted soon buddy!
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Noooooooooo! It was all going so well with that one too, I hope you get it sorted soon buddy!
    Oh mate it really is the amp for me so I hope this issue can be resolved 
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1634
    I see the amp uses a single 6L6 power valve. Single ended amps tend to be hummier than push pull amps so it could be that it was always a bit noisy but you hadn't noticed. Have you changed where you keep it in the room?
    Failing that it could be a main filter cap failing but they really should not give trouble for at least 20 years. There are many other possible causes but you will need a tech to track them down.

Dave.