Victoria 518 where to buy?

What's Hot
Hey guys,
have decided on this amp but where can I find one? Who stocks them in the uk? Anybody selling one on the forum by any chance? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    Coda have Victoria.

Unless you have a specific requirement for the 518, I'd personally go for the 5112 which is the same circuit but in a bigger cabinet with a 12 inch speaker. It's amazing!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Coda have Victoria.

Unless you have a specific requirement for the 518, I'd personally go for the 5112 which is the same circuit but in a bigger cabinet with a 12 inch speaker. It's amazing!
    Thanks appreciate it. Does the 5112 still break up well. Il check out some videos. 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5048
    mburekenge said: I'd personally go for the 5112 which is the same circuit but in a bigger cabinet with a 12 inch speaker. 
    Does the 5112 still break up well. Il check out some videos. 
    That would depend on the speaker I guess. You could tailor it for your needs by fitting an inefficient speaker.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72376

This. Although I’ve never played the 518, I had an original ‘59 5F1 Champ - it was entirely dominated by the speaker, and when overdriven it had just one sound, almost irrespective of the guitar or pickup selection. If you want that raspy bluesy honk and nothing else - other than a nice clean sound at lower volume - it’s probably great. The 5112 is a completely different thing, despite the amp section being identical - it’s extremely transparent, and has the most amazing natural responsiveness. It is astonishingly loud for 5W though, so if that’s going to be a problem you may need an attenuator - the good news is that at only 5W, even a simple cheap L-Pad will work fine.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for the info guys, gives me a couple of things to think about 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Charlie Chandlers was always a Victoria dealer...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>