Rick Beato-Joe Bonamassa interview

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24294
    JB is a proper guitar nerd and seems to be a great guy. I’d like to have a beer with him.

His trio / small band work does nothing for me at all, but his large band arrangements are much better. The trio stuff is just endless widdling whereas in the larger bands when he only gets a few bars he just gets to the point and it’s much better as a result.

If the arrangements were as tight for the trios then they’d go up in quality a hundredfold.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AidanspaghettiAidanspaghetti Frets: 851
    He's no Yngwie.
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LeftianLeftian Frets: 29
    Just come back from his RAH gig.  I’m not getting into the playing / songwriting debate, but the sound of the whole band was biblical! The kind of tone you can only get standing in front of cranked amps. I was at the back and it barely dipped below 100db! Makes almost all other gigs I’ve seen recently seem anemic, that includes the likes of the Who and GnR, who are all about in ears and quiet stages these days. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2382
    Leftian said:
    Just come back from his RAH gig.  I’m not getting into the playing / songwriting debate, but the sound of the whole band was biblical! The kind of tone you can only get standing in front of cranked amps. I was at the back and it barely dipped below 100db! Makes almost all other gigs I’ve seen recently seem anemic, that includes the likes of the Who and GnR, who are all about in ears and quiet stages these days. 
    Yeah can't knock the production, no expense spared there on keeping it real. John Mayer is another polarising artist who has an amazing live sound. I was lucky to catch JB at the taped Borderline Club gig and that was incredible too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22897
    Leftian said:
    Well I hope nobody's damaging their hearing...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom