Battery/chargeable power supply

What's Hot
RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
in FX
Anyone ever used a chargeable power supply for a pedal board?

Quite tempted by the Harley Benton effort over at Thomann….

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_powerplant_powerbank_mk2.htm
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4536
    Been using the Joyo JP-05 for a while.  A charge gets me through several two-hour rehearsals so will easily do a gig.  Try to find one from a UK supplier, as I got mine from Thomann and had to buy a 3-pin adapter.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10413
    You can use a standard power bank and a DC to DC converter, but you might need to put a resistor across the output as some of them will turn off if at least 35mA or so isn't pulled. 

Drill batteries are also suitable, being 9,6 and you can buy adapters to flying leads  off Ebay to fit a lot of them 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9722
    I've just used a bog standard phone bank battery thing with one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0721MX1P5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ;

That specific model is out of stock at the moment but i'm sure looking around on Amazon or ebay will find you the same thing. Was about £10, i also seem to have ordered a polarity reversing cable at the same time but it's been a while since i used it so I can't remember if that was needed or not, guess it depends what polarity your pedals need compared to whta's on the other bit
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    The Engl Powertap portable looks quite neat for pairing with a generic powerbank
  • Acdeezee86Acdeezee86 Frets: 28
    Wiz’s for the standard power bank idea with a converter - as long as you’re ok with 9v. I get 100 hours out of a full charge and it fits right under my pedaltrain nano.
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 921
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18799
    Hmmmm, seen this before. Calling @digitalscream   ;)
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26613
    edited March 1
    Yes - I used a ZY12PDN trigger board. The point of these is that they don't convert voltage, unlike the other two, which means they can use the full current capacity of USB-C at 9V (well over 2A) - the Joyo one can only do 400mA, and the Step Up Converter on Amazon can only do 800mA.

Of course, I have to use a Joyo ZGP to clean the power before it hits pedals, but I can also power an HX Stomp or HX Effects (or anything else that doesn't care about a dirty power supply) in parallel with it that.

Anybody who shows up to The Guitar Show this weekend will be able to see it, in fact :)
    <space for hire>
  • maharg101maharg101 Frets: 688
    I've got a Sanyo Eneloop Pedal Juice (sadly discontinued now, I believe) which is excellent.
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
  • JonBJonB Frets: 6
    Out of interest how do you distribute across multiple pedals using either the step up or trigger board? Just a daisy chain?

Does this option not address pedal noise in anyway?