NGD Fender Vintera Strat 60's modified. Pics now added!

What's Hot
NeilNeil Frets: 3624
edited March 3 in Guitar
I fancied a change and am much more of a Strat man nowadays so I went into GG Epsom this morning to chop in my Gibson Les Paul junior for a new Vintera '60s modified in burgundy mist, a colour I really like.

Had to pay £100 on top which was a really good deal for me as I'd only paid £400 for the Junior.

Lovely staff in there and I managed to chat them up for a free Fender stand for gratis. 

They had no stock at Epsom so it is being delivered to me from Camden tomorrow.

Just a stock pic at the moment I'm afraid but looking forward to tomorrow. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9676
    HNGD. Looks great, and love the colour. I recently bought a Vintera Strat (but not the Modified like yours) and am really pleased with it. Enjoy.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 829
    edited March 1
    Neil said:
    I fancied a change and am much more of a Strat man nowadays so I went into GG Epsom this morning to chop in my Gibson Les Paul junior for a new Vintera '60s modified in burgundy mist, a colour I really like.

Had to pay £100 on top which was a really good deal for me as I'd only paid £400 for the Junior.

Lovely staff in there and I managed to chat them up for a free Fender stand for gratis. 

They had no stock at Epsom so it is being delivered to me from Camden tomorrow.

Just a stock pic at the moment I'm afraid but looking forward to tomorrow. 

Fool! 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3907
    Nice mate, love a good Strat, as long as it doesn’t weigh as much as an anvil.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3624
    Deadman said:
    Nice mate, love a good Strat, as long as it doesn’t weigh as much as an anvil.

I'll find out today!  

That said my ash bodied Classic '70's is 9lb so most Strats next to that are featherweights.  :o
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2
    My arm has become a rough scale over the years 

Most of us can probably tell an ‘under 8 pounder’ or ‘hmmm, could be a 9 pounder’ just by lifting the thing.

It amazes me when I see some big ES styles and they’re listed on sites as something like 6.0lb. I saw an Eastman recently that was 5lb 10oz. I know they’re hollow/semi hollow but damn!

Anyway, hope yours passes the initial arm test 
    Deadman said:
    My arm has become a rough scale over the years 

Most of us can probably tell an ‘under 8 pounder’ or ‘hmmm, could be a 9 pounder’ just by lifting the thing.

It amazes me when I see some big ES styles and they’re listed on sites as something like 6.0lb. I saw an Eastman recently that was 5lb 10oz. I know they’re hollow/semi hollow but damn!

Anyway, hope yours passes the initial arm test 

Got it now -  8lb 1oz which feels great.

It's actually a really nice player and the "mods" are excellent. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Good for you mate, enjoy :)
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3968
    Had a white one, was great. Congrats!
    Pics.

It's a Pau Ferro board which I was a bit dubious about but TBH it doesn't look much different to my rosewood jobbies.
    Feels OK too. 
    Medium jumbos on a 9.5" radius. I really like the matt finish on the back of the neck and the warmed up pickups sound really good. 

However;

I'm in a bit of stand off with GG as there are a few marks (obviously a shop floor model) that I don't expect on a new guitar and in their favour they have been very quick to get back to me but we'll see what transpires.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom