Everybody has a price...

What's Hot
CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1356
...and for Rihanna that price was a cool £5 million to play a 90 minute show for India's richest man's son who's getting married. First live show for 8 years (other than a brief Super Bowl half time thing). 

I can only imagine what Taylor Swift would get on the billionaire / corporate circuit at the moment...?
...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22987
    Was Nuno in the band?
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28457
    What a mug. I'd have done it for £3M.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6162
    CaseOfAce said:
    ...and for Rihanna that price was a cool £5 million to play a 90 minute show for India's richest man's son who's getting married. First live show for 8 years (other than a brief Super Bowl half time thing). 

I can only imagine what Taylor Swift would get on the billionaire / corporate circuit at the moment...?
    Supposedly, Swift was paid $24m by the Singapore dictators government to play the Singapore venue on this Era tour - instead of Manilla or anywhere else in SE Asia. 
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1119
    goldtop said:
    CaseOfAce said:

Supposedly, Swift was paid $24m by the Singapore dictators government to play the Singapore venue on this Era tour - instead of Manilla or anywhere else in SE Asia. 
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-68379688
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6504
    CaseOfAce said:

Is that her take-home fee, or the overall fee including the cost of putting the show on?

edited March 2
    Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg and Ivanka Trump among the guests at this wedding in India.  Billionaires (...and the Trumps) are all big pals, apparently...
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Philly_Q said:
    Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg and Ivanka Trump among the guests at this wedding in India.  Billionaires (...and the Trumps) are all big pals, apparently...
    I was listening to Richard Osman talking about celebrity weddings. There just seems to be a circuit that you can get on once you achieve a certain level of fame, I guess billionaires have a similar circuit and treat it all as networking. 
    According to Osman when Jennifer Lopez got married in 2001 it was shortly after 9/11 and a bunch of guests cancelled. Her manager didn’t phone around friends but phoned around agents. Alexander Armstrong and his wife were available and got a free trip to the wedding because they had some level of celebrity status despite never having met Lopez or (then) hubby Cris Judd. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4190
    Philly_Q said:
    I was listening to Richard Osman talking about celebrity weddings. There just seems to be a circuit that you can get on once you achieve a certain level of fame, I guess billionaires have a similar circuit and treat it all as networking. 
    According to Osman when Jennifer Lopez got married in 2001 it was shortly after 9/11 and a bunch of guests cancelled. Her manager didn’t phone around friends but phoned around agents. Alexander Armstrong and his wife were available and got a free trip to the wedding because they had some level of celebrity status despite never having met Lopez or (then) hubby Cris Judd. 
    I dream of going to Jennifer Lopez wedding 

as the groom 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    Philly_Q said:
    I’d have paid Zander not to come to my wedding. 
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    Pop stars have always had a price. It’s the rock stars that are sticking it to the man and would never sell out right?
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Philly_Q said:

as the groom 
    She’s been married four times already so if you can hang on a couple more years I reckon you’ve got a good chance. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:

as the groom 
    She’s been married four times already so if you can hang on a couple more years I reckon you’ve got a good chance. 
    Yeah, I can't imagine Bennifer 3 (or is  it 2+1?) will last very much longer.  Affleck always looks so pissed off.
  • edited March 3
    Philly_Q said:
    Affleck always looks so pissed off.
    Thought that myself when I saw footage the couple at some glitzy Hollywood bash. He hardly looked like he was happy to be with her and I strongly suspected it might be one of those PR job marriages.
    My youtube music channel is here My youtube aviation channel is here