RAYE... What's the fuss about? This is a great show.

What's Hot
rze99rze99 Frets: 2292
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17641
    tFB Trader
    She's super talented.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8538
    Listened to some today, jumping on the bandwagon, but was very impressed and the production was class. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22971
    edited March 3
    I randomly skipped to about 39 minutes in and she's on the stage of the Royal Albert Hall in her underwear.

(That's apropos of nothing.  Just not something I expected to see.)
  • yockyyocky Frets: 812
    Not my thing at all usually, but I randomly caught the beginning of her Glasto set last year and watched the whole thing. Completely captivating.
  • maharg101maharg101 Frets: 690
    edited March 4
    Definitely worth dipping into the otherwise dreadful hootenanny at 61 mins 30 seconds

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001twt9

Absolutely brilliant, and quite the back story around why she strips off at the RAH

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/sep/27/raye-review-royal-albert-hall-london
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11793
    Raye is a legend.

Her music hasn't quite hooked me yet - but as an artist she ticks every box.

I teared up a bit when she got her Gran up on stage to collect her zillionth award of the night at the Brits as well...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2772
    So it sounds like she is quite good and talented apparently, good for her.

however I would be interested from the music aficionados as to what she has that means she won  more BRITS at a go than anyone else ever.  Do you think she is the best of all time to date or at leasat while the BRITS aware around, or is it a function of relatively poor opponents this year, or is it marketing, or is it just a good coincidence of timing ?  Honest question 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4930
    I happened upon that a few months back and I have to say it was an excellent show.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11793
    sev112 said:
    however I would be interested from the music aficionados as to what she has that means she won  more BRITS at a go than anyone else ever.  Do you think she is the best of all time to date or at leasat while the BRITS aware around, or is it a function of relatively poor opponents this year, or is it marketing, or is it just a good coincidence of timing ?  Honest question 
    The Brits are music industry awards - i.e. the non-voted ones are given by the industry to recognise achievement in the industry.

Raye has over 2.4 billion streams, and an almost universally critically acclaimed album with cross-genre appeal.

It's pretty common under these circumstances to win artist and album - those are the big two.  Usually if it ties in with a genre specific prize, then they are likely to give them that as well - you cant be the best artist of the year and R&B... and not also win best R&B artist.

I think the only one she was nominated for she didn't win was pop act... but that was voted for by the public, who gave it to Dua Lipa... and I personally can easily understand anyone wanting to give it to Dua Lipa...

The music industry is a hype industry... is Raye an all-time great?  Who knows - but she is getting her moment in the limelight as an artist after years of work and nobody can begrudge it.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom