NGD: Daniel’s Jazzmaster -now with updated lava pics. :)

What's Hot

Comments

• theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1489
    Cor blimey lummee charlie guvnor. That’s a looker! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3297
    tFB Trader
    By way of update. Back from @Danielsguitars with the logo added to a perfectly aged headstock. Aged Lava guard is on, and beaten to f*** witchhats added. Tuffset bridge due tomorrow, so that’ll be this one ready for anything. Bloody wonderful guitar -thanks again Darren for building such a belter! 

That looks great, really nice meeting you and having a chat, I'm also really glad you liked the pugilist, they need to be played to appreciate them, they're more LP feeling and playing.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3232
    By way of update. Back from @Danielsguitars with the logo added to a perfectly aged headstock. Aged Lava guard is on, and beaten to f*** witchhats added. Tuffset bridge due tomorrow, so that’ll be this one ready for anything. Bloody wonderful guitar -thanks again Darren for building such a belter! 

That looks great, really nice meeting you and having a chat, I'm also really glad you liked the pugilist, they need to be played to appreciate them, they're more LP feeling and playing.
    The Pugilist was awesome. I would recommend every les Paul player who isn’t a purist to try one, absolutely cracking guitar. 
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 761
    Looks absolutely stunning!

(But please intonate that guitar at some point soon. Looking at the bridge with all the saddles lined up is making me anxious)
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1437
    That's a perfect Jazzmaster - glad to hear it sounds as good as it looks. HNGD!
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    Looks absolutely stunning!

(But please intonate that guitar at some point soon. Looking at the bridge with all the saddles lined up is making me anxious)
    It’s only because I know the new bridge arrives tomorrow. :+1: 
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2530
    Now that looks killer! :D 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11933
    It's absolutely immense.
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 328
    I don’t often say this, but that is absolutely bloody gorgeous.

Aged pink Jazzmaster (alongside aged Pelham or Inverness Green SG Special) is basically life time dream guitar for me.
  • GemsdalsGemsdals Frets: 113
    That's a beauty 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27165
    Well played sir. You can't go wrong with Lava on a JM and that one looks like it was already a peach of a guitar now made even better :) 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • guitarblasterguitarblaster Frets: 384
    Wow I remember that for sale on the forum - great mods to take it next level! 
    Well played sir. You can't go wrong with Lava on a JM and that one looks like it was already a peach of a guitar now made even better :) 
    Agreed. Lava guards are great and a huge improvement on a lot of the tort out there. This has definitely been the finishing touch for this one.
  • skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 977
    I’ll have it back now thanks ;)
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4158
    Congrats! My Tuffset arrived yesterday, it’s a thing of beauty - I’ll pop it onto my TVL JM tomorrow :)
    Congrats! My Tuffset arrived yesterday, it’s a thing of beauty - I’ll pop it onto my TVL JM tomorrow :)

And @Tuffset added. Dead easy to intonate and I might be imagining it, but at a quiet 10pm strum it seems more resonant. Looking forward to plugging this in!
    IMG_6260.jpeg 269.8K
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TuffsetTuffset Frets: 44
    Looks awesome!! I'm so glad you found it easy to install and adjust :) and that is such a cool guitar! I love the checking om the headstock, it looks like porcelain and really ties in the scheme of the guitar so well.

For my part, I find the biggest difference I hear unplugged is that there's just that much more headroom in the string energy it will allow you to impart. Many offset bridges devolve into buzzing and vibration with less than half the string energy the Tuffset can handle! I guess it's because the springs and screws are the first thing to give up when the amplitude is raised.

I very much look forward to hearing your impressions when you plug it in! Thank you sincerely for being part of the launch - day 1 gang!

Cheers,
    Dan
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27165

And @Tuffset added. Dead easy to intonate and I might be imagining it, but at a quiet 10pm strum it seems more resonant. Looking forward to plugging this in!

Mine's with my trusty international forward agent. Sooooooonn..... 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2929
    tFB Trader
    Thats a beaut, quality mods Jay too
    Corvus said:
    Thats a beaut, quality mods Jay too
    Cheers Bill, it is a beauty. As I’ve said in passing to another member -I’ve this and the 345, if I could just persuade you to let that divine olive firebird go, then I am sure my guitar buying journey would finally be over! ;)