Films, programmes, events you are looking forward to...

What's Hot
ShrewsShrews Frets: 3010
edited March 4 in Off Topic
I never knew this story. Hidden indeed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68422607

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/extra/LNoYd7se8m/the-lost-lionesses

What an absolutely awesome experience that must have been. Looking forward to seeing this at some point. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6153
    That does look like a great film.

For me, I've got need-an-urgent-wee-excitement for Spirited Away on stage this Summer.

https://www.spiritedawayuk.com/gallery

My Neighbour Totoro was fantastic.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11727
    Cheltenham Jazz Fest.  Have tickets to see Gregory Porter.  Can't wait.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22880
    FrightFest at the end of August.  That seems a long way off.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Does retirement count?
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    skunkwerx said:
    Does retirement count?
    I'd forgotten about that, despite thinking about it every single day.  I'm not sure I'm actually looking forward to it though... I am, but it's mixed with apprehension.

Oh, and I'd also forgotten there's a family get-together when I turn 60 in June.  I guess that's an "event".  Again, not sure I'm looking forward to it....
    Philly_Q said:
    skunkwerx said:
    Does retirement count?
    I'd forgotten about that, despite thinking about it every single day.  I'm not sure I'm actually looking forward to it though... I am, but it's mixed with apprehension.

Oh, and I'd also forgotten there's a family get-together when I turn 60 in June.  I guess that's an "event".  Again, not sure I'm looking forward to it....
    Hehe I'm currently 35 years off and still think about it daily! Unless the goalposts move that is.. 
    skunkwerx said:
    Philly_Q said:
    skunkwerx said:
    Does retirement count?

Hehe I'm currently 35 years off and still think about it daily! Unless the goalposts move that is.. 
    @skunkwerx When you posted that I was thinking you're quite very young, but I wasn't 100% sure! ;)  Only just over a year to go for me...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10273

The obvious one and I know it's not the politics section, and for that I apologise, but the thing I'm most looking forward to this year is seeing the current government thrown out on their backsides and hopefully a return to 'boring' politics instead of the soap opera we've had for the last decade or so.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:
    skunkwerx said:
    Philly_Q said:
    skunkwerx said:
    Does retirement count?

@skunkwerx When you posted that I was thinking you're quite very young, but I wasn't 100% sure! ;)  Only just over a year to go for me...
    Haha young in spirit but.. thats about it these days! 

Yeah I get what you mean, do you think you'll be bored/miss a structure of work? Or just enjoying working? 

My step dad has retired three times now.. the third seemed to stick but he was so so bored the times before. 
    skunkwerx said:
    Haha young in spirit but.. thats about it these days! 

Yeah I get what you mean, do you think you'll be bored/miss a structure of work? Or just enjoying working? 

My step dad has retired three times now.. the third seemed to stick but he was so so bored the times before. 
    I won't miss the work itself - or at least the volume of it, and constant pressure of deadlines, which I have been growing to hate in the last few years - but yes, maybe I will miss the structure of getting up, going out... I could work from home three days a week now, if I wanted to, but I go in every day. 

And I don't think I'll be bored exactly, I can find plenty to do, but I'm not outdoorsy or naturally sociable... I'm worried that I'll have a very solitary life, and I will miss seeing people. On the other hand, I'm not going to be volunteering at a charity shop, or shelf-stacking at Tesco, or something, just for the sake of seeing random people... a lot of them might be people I'd prefer never to have met or interacted with!  :)

My dad retired at 57 and never looked back, but he had my stepmother for company (not someone I'd have chosen to hang out with...).  They loved travelling. and had the money to do it... but again, that's not really for me.

Sorry @Shrews, I've hijacked the thread.  Apologies, I'll shut up.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

This weekend:-

Friday

Dune 2 
    Joshua vs Ngannou

Saturday 

F1 Saudi Arabia
    Building lego GT40

Sunday

Liverpool Vs Man City
    Building lego GT40 cont.

• JfingersJfingers Frets: 367
    Sorry for the derail...

@Shrews your post reminded me of this. My late second best friend that I made in later life attended several games with his old mate Tranmere Kev in Abkhazia.

I still have the newspaper clippings about it and I spoke at his funeral.

In other news I'm looking forward to the budget not being a piss take. Fuck my luck.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4176
    I'm going to see Filter in London in a couple of weeks. Been a fan since the first album and missed them last time they came over, so I've literally never seen them live. Very much looking forward to that!
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• HerrMetalHerrMetal Frets: 542
    edited March 4
    Saw Alestorm on Saturday with my three sons. Really good fun. Tomorrow night is Tigertailz with a couple of mates. I'll need a lie down after (for about a week) .

edit to add - and then Judas Priest in a couple of weeks.
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 496
    Mdou Moctar in July.