North East Guitar Show - Sunday 7th April - Houghton Le Spring

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    mark123 said:
    Is Darren Bond ? Doing the stand where you can display/ sell your guitar for £10 ??
    I'm sure he wasn't there last year but not sure - Hopefully someone else can update you on that - Otherwise you can walk around with a for sale sign on the case/bag etc
    its the carrying it around bit i don't like !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 4
    Just rang the organiser and Darren is not there this year so that option is out for anyone wanting to sell a guitar at the show.
  • JR-GibboManJR-GibboMan Frets: 59
    most people on here won't go to it..theres dealers there who flip guitars to put food on the table..then again..could be a perfect pitchfork session for FF Members hahah
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18783
    most people on here won't go to it..theres dealers there who flip guitars to put food on the table..then again..could be a perfect pitchfork session for FF Members hahah
    Interesting viewpoint. Do you have any experience or evidence of anything that you describe?
    Also, is this view only applicable to the North East Show?
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    mark123 said:
    Is Darren Bond ? Doing the stand where you can display/ sell your guitar for £10 ??
     No he isnt, he doesn’t deal anymore and hardly plays.
    Lost all interest post covid and buying Jaguar F Type lol. 
    #thebatesmotelband
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2403
    I was thinking of actually going to this as I have the time for once, but seeing as the chap won't be there to sell my guitar and bass.... I'd just be walking around for an hour, too shy to play and can't afford to buy... might just go to the pub instead. 
    Sarge said:
    I was thinking of actually going to this as I have the time for once, but seeing as the chap won't be there to sell my guitar and bass.... I'd just be walking around for an hour, too shy to play and can't afford to buy... might just go to the pub instead. 
    Please don't let that put you off .it's normally white noise different people different volumes trying out stuff..nice to go to see new stuff/ old stuff and sometimes you can pick up stuff you didn't go for ..i coukd go with £20 and come back with something guitar related..take a set of headphones if you want to try something just say it's so you can hear the guitar in isolation ..problem solved.I'm sticking a £250 guitar in the boot.taking a few pics tonight if i see something i like i will ask the dealer if he will take my guitar in trade and show him the pics.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    James Oliver cancelled ???
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14270
    tFB Trader
    @jamesoliver1234 ;
    Wishing you a speedy recovery 
    Best wishes 
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    edited April 7
    Four of us going today. Witherspoon for breakfast first, then heading up. Looking forward to my annual £5 hotdog and £6 pint. Looking for eq pedal to brighten up my Blackstar and hopefully a deal on strings. Must try not to buy a guitar! 
    @jamesoliver1234 ;
    Take care and hope you get well soon .
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2403
    mark123 said:
    Sarge said:
    Please don't let that put you off .it's normally white noise different people different volumes trying out stuff..nice to go to see new stuff/ old stuff and sometimes you can pick up stuff you didn't go for ..i coukd go with £20 and come back with something guitar related..take a set of headphones if you want to try something just say it's so you can hear the guitar in isolation ..problem solved.I'm sticking a £250 guitar in the boot.taking a few pics tonight if i see something i like i will ask the dealer if he will take my guitar in trade and show him the pics.
    I called it off, got dragged round the Team Valley trading estate looking at paint and lampshades instead. 
    This is a story of regret  :#
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • M1ckM1ck Frets: 231
    I made it with a friend, it seemed very busy this year especially at around 10 - last couple of years we got in fairly quickly at about the same time. Plenty to see, some stalls from previous years missing in action GeePins for one! and a couple of ‘new’ ones, sadly, nothing nice enough for me to part with any of my hard earned! Though I did splash out on a ceramic slide! and have no intention of doing a NSD post. 
  • woolman1901woolman1901 Frets: 3
    Attended the show today and enjoyed it for what it was. Plenty to look and buy with friendly sellers.

Did come away with slight regret for not picking up an Ibanez acoustic from the scan pro audio stall. Regret is further compounded by scan not listing the guitar online to buy at home  :/
  • Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2989
    mark123 said:
    James Oliver cancelled ???
    Now then matey, I'm afraid so. We cancelled the full northern run of gigs. James came down with a throat infection - usually that wouldn't stop him alone but off the back of Sepsis in February, it was the best decision. Most of the gigs will be rescheduled where possible! Blues Bar Harrogate, Barnoldswick, York etc.

I hope everyone had fun at the show! Gutted I wasn't there - I was planning on finding a classic vibe p bass to trade for my classic vibe jazz bass!