Peavey Bandits,

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3497
    edited March 10
    ICBM said:
    robgilmo said:

Ive seen a fair few sell for half that, granted they have been a bit grubby around the edges, perhaps its not the amps fault and more that peoples perception of a desirable looking amp doesnt include Peaveys, they arnt pretty to look at, not even the new ones.
    I really like the red stripes visually - I think the plastic end pieces look like something you'd find in an Art Deco cinema - and I don't get why people think they're ugly at all. The silver stripes are a bit boring, the older ones look a bit 'industrial', and the new ones really are not nice to look at though...
    I dont like how the new ones look either, the cod piece one looks more like a cheap modern microwave than a guitar amplifier. I agree totally, the red stripe is very art deco, I think function over form was the driving force behind older Peavey designs.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3497
    Yorkie said:
    Peaveys are NOT desirable. 
    Let’s keep it that way. Please. 
    They arnt, but anything else is like bringing a pea shooter to a gun fight.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1506
    I like boring. I don’t do art deco. 
    My next Bandit will be a silver stripe, which are shit and not desirable. 
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
    I’ve a silver stripe studio pro, and a red Stripe bandit.  I use one for rehearsals and the other for teaching. They sound great, perfectly giggable.  I do prefer my valve amps but I have on a few occasions gigged one of the peaveys and it’s been a perfectly pleasant experience. They also take pedals very well.