SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB (or trade): sub-£1k electro acoustic

What's Hot
Looking for an acoustic with pickup/pre-amp that preferably doesn’t have a huge body and will record well with impulse responses.

I’ll be banging out chords, some lead lines and maybe a little finger-picking. 

Preferably under £1k. However, trade-wise, I’ve several expensive electrics listed. Part-ex or I’ll consider something much higher end. 

Based near Carlisle. Must have a hard case if posting. 
Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheMadMickTheMadMick Frets: 241
    edited March 5
    There's a PRS A50E for sale here at £370.00. If convenient or you could arrange postage then that would suit nicely. I have the A40E and it punches miles above it's price point.

You'd probably feel right st home with the neck. It's the slickest I've ever played - although I'm not as fussy as some about neck shapes etc.

There's also a L'arrivee for £900 but my experience with Larrys is the neck profile is a bit flat - more like a classical. Otherwise, that might suit. It's not so far away and you could try it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BraddersBradders Frets: 21
    There are a bunch on here sub 1K that are great hand made guitars, there is a Milsom J45 style hand made in the UK. An Easman E10 00 hand made in China (by actual luthiers) they both sound great and do well with finger style and strumming. Grab a Fishman rare earth pick which is easy to install, just grips onto the sound hole with some screw on pads and you are ready to go. In my experience electro acoustic guitars ie that come with built in pickup tend not to sound so good unless its a really good pickup. The sound thin and scratchy. Where as grabbing a decent used pickup like lr baggs or fishman rare earth imho renders a more palatable amplified tone and should keep you under 1K.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom