Is this a genuine dog - Modified 66 Mustang

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14263
in Guitar tFB Trader
24 - Heavily modified 1966 Fender Mustang electric guitar made inHeavily modified 1966 Fender Mustang electric guitar, made in USA; Body: stripped to natural, lacquered, large untidy rout beneath guard, repair to treble side of neck pocket within cutaway
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14263
    tFB Trader

24 - Heavily modified 1966 Fender Mustang electric guitar made inSo yes it is a dog
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • onlyatomonlyatom Frets: 31
    I'm in the auction and was tempted to put in a stupid low bid. Shocked they got £780 plus fees for it!
    tFB Trader
    onlyatom said:
    I'm in the auction and was tempted to put in a stupid low bid. Shocked they got £780 plus fees for it!
    Not been down this time - But happy as my acoustic sold today #27 - Fender USA Acoustic 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    in a roundabout way,  yes
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72352
    Played by Dylan.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PennPenn Frets: 620
    I loved how messed up it was. If it had been cheap enough I’d have bought it. That’s the most grunge guitar ever. If it could be sorted to play well it would have been brilliant. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 5 tFB Trader
    Penn said:
    I loved how messed up it was. If it had been cheap enough I’d have bought it. That’s the most grunge guitar ever. If it could be sorted to play well it would have been brilliant. 
    Agree that player grade versions can be great - Not seen it so not sure what work was needed to make it play, or indeed if it plays well now or not - They can have character - But unless it plays well it is garbage - But £780 + fees plus time/work required is OTT

ICBM said:

Played by Dylan.

Excellent 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14430
    24 - Heavily modified 1966 Fender Mustang electric guitar made in
    Hamish said: You'll have had your tea.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Mike58Mike58 Frets: 162
    Magic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Mike58 said:
    Magic
    Yes it is in a roundabout way 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3203
    20 years ago I purchased a ‘64 for £400. If that experience was anything to go by, I’d imagine this not only has the dog on the back it is the type of dog that urgently needs putting down.
    edited March 7 tFB Trader
    A number of years ago I sold a used black 70's Musicmaster - If anyone has seen it they will instantly recognise it, as on the back it says 'happy now'

The story was that he played it so often, he ignored his partner - She left and her final act was to scratch 'happy now' on the back of the guitar with a compass - So unless someone has re-finished it, then it should be still as was
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom