SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Francis Milsom "J-45 Look Alike"

What's Hot
razorbillrazorbill Frets: 86
edited March 25 in Acoustics £
An absolutely stunning guitar and Francis' most recent build. It is pretty much brand new, with only a few hours of home play since it was built. I've only owned it for a month and really love it. I just found out I am losing my job, so sadly the last-in-first-out rule applies! 

The guitar sounds and looks amazing and the Celtic inlay work is really lovely. The combo of sitka x cherry b&s produces a deep clear sound and the birdseye maple neck is fast and comfortable to play. I think this guitar will make someone really happy

Francis' guitars represent a phenomenal value for a single-luthier built UK instrument and likely *should* be going for 2-3x more than Francis sells them for. I am just looking for what I paid, which is £750 and includes a matching brand-new Gator Journeyman hard case.

Locally collection in Newcastle upon Tyne or open to shipping as well 

The Specs: 
- Soundboard: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides: Cherry
- Neck: Birdseye Maple
- Rosette: Bog Oak with Hash line markings
- Bridge: East Indian Rosewood
- Fretboard: Bog Oak
- Fret markers: Hash markers
- Scale length: 632 mm
- String spacing at saddle: 56 mm
- Neck width at the nut: 45.25 mm
- String spacing at nut: 39.5 mm (string centres)
- Headstock facing: Bog Oak
- Headstock backing: Paduak
- Tuners: Gotoh Z510 21:1
- Nut/Saddle material: Bone
- Bindings: Lacewood
- Purfling: b w br w b lines
- Build date: Oct 2023.

All photos: https://imgur.com/a/bJxDFX0

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• pjfpjf Frets: 331
    Looks great, GLWTS and very sorry to hear about the job.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • razorbillrazorbill Frets: 86
    pjf said:
    Looks great, GLWTS and very sorry to hear about the job.
    Thank you. I’m staying positive, but it’s best to have extra funds in savings just in case 

This will be a special guitar for someone I’m sure
  • BraddersBradders Frets: 21
    Beautiful guitar at very reaonable price for a handbuilt all solid wood guitar! Do you have any sound clips of the guitar? Im looking around for a second guitar. I have a Lowden 010 which I love. Would be great to have a second guitar for more rhythm focused playing.
    Bradders said:
    Beautiful guitar at very reaonable price for a handbuilt all solid wood guitar! Do you have any sound clips of the guitar? Im looking around for a second guitar. I have a Lowden 010 which I love. Would be great to have a second guitar for more rhythm focused playing.
    Thank you, I completely agree! I'll make a quick demo and post it later today--not much of a rhythm player but can cobble something together. I think it could be a great companion guitar to a Lowden O
  • BraddersBradders Frets: 21
    razorbill said:
    Bradders said:
    Thank you, I completely agree! I'll make a quick demo and post it later today--not much of a rhythm player but can cobble something together. I think it could be a great companion guitar to a Lowden O
    Great thanks, happy to hear the guitar in whatever style you feel comfortable with just get a rough idea of its tone:) 
    Not the greatest sound clips or playing (I'm a little rusty), but should give a rough idea:

https://whyp.it/tracks/162593/milsom-fingerstyle?token=6pITA

https://whyp.it/tracks/162592/milsom-chords?token=rCnce
    I figure people might also appreciate this pretty insightful build thread. You can see the guitar go from mockup to finished over three years, which I think is pretty darn cool: https://acousticsoundboard.co.uk/thread/12131/j45-alike
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sold pending collection