Better Call Saul - 2 questions

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• TimcitoTimcito Frets: 779
    gubble said:
    An intentional slow burner building up to these characters which I genuinley cared about. Everyone watching knew that Jimmy eventually became Saul but we still all wanted him to reach his potential as the good guy.
    I found him too much of an irritating clown to care much what happened to him, to be quite honest. That was part of the problem for me with BCS. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2583
    I enjoyed both BB and BCS, but agree, I never found Jimmy likeable. Kim and Nacho were the ones I rooted for.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2583
    On great series, Six Feet Under was absolutely superb the first time I watched it. However I tried watching one of the seasons again more recently and it didn't really grab me - felt weirdly dated. 

I have a suspicion it might be the same with BB, if I tried watching it again.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • TimcitoTimcito Frets: 779
    ewal said:
    I enjoyed both BB and BCS, but agree, I never found Jimmy likeable. Kim and Nacho were the ones I rooted for.
    Yes, and that made for another issue: how on earth would an attractive, intelligent and principled young woman like Kim fall for an unlikeable buffoon who looked old enough to be her father?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crosstownvampcrosstownvamp Frets: 285
    edited March 7
    I preferred BB a lot. It was just so unexpected.
    In BCS the two brothers thing was a pain and Mike spent all the time looking dour but I still liked it.
    Arty shots: yeah I like them but some directors can overdo it.

As for DrCornelius wondering if I Claudius has a big boob count, I wonder if you're thinking about the Caligula movie released around the same time, also with a top Brit cast  (Gielgud, Helen Mirren, Malcolm McDowell), but produced by Bob Guccione of Penthouse, who went onto the film sets in the evenings and filmed roman orgies that he then spliced into the movie. Lol. Not seen it but I read it's not as bad as all that.