Finally, NFRAD,

What's Hot
robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3495
I just scored my wee man his first real amp, its a Bandit 75 Solo, I think its a teal stripe, scorpion speaker, hang on, Im gonna steal the photo off EBay, thats allowed isnt it?
A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KurtisKurtis Frets: 665
    Interesting choice.

Was it cheap  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3495

It seems to be missing a pointy bit, and no foot switch, he's gonna be stoked though, I was bidding on this one a few weeks ago and made the mistake of showing it to him and he was all over it,
    A Peavey Scorpion Equipped amp (the-saleroom.com)
     I was outbid though, so the universe being as mysterious as it is, a very similar amp for similar money came around.
    I think this week end might be a very loud week end!
    Kurtis said:
    Interesting choice.

Was it cheap  =)
    It wasnt expensive, 50 odd, then postage, if it does what it says on the tin, and the wee man is happy, it doesnt really matter.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1506
    edited March 6
    I think that’s the model that appeared on the Stranger Things season 4 finale lol 
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

Yorkie said:
    I think that’s the model that appeared on the Stranger Things season 4 finale lol 
    Oooh, nooo, shush, he will be asking for a BC Rich next! His guitar is already pointy, just not that pointy.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4178
    edited March 6
    robgilmo said:
    Yorkie said:
    Oooh, nooo, shush, he will be asking for a BC Rich next! His guitar is already pointy, just not that pointy.
    Goddammit, now that's stuck in my head (doo... do do dooooh... do d-d-d--d do do dooh etc)

Glad you got a good one, postage suggests you didn't have to schlep to the arse end of Essex for it either.

Bring on the weekend - I remember getting my first amp and me and the old man making a racket :lol:
    randella said:
    robgilmo said:
    Yorkie said:
    Goddammit, now that's stuck in my head (doo... do do dooooh... do d-d-d--d do do dooh etc)

Glad you got a good one, postage suggests you didn't have to schlep to the arse end of Essex for it either.

Bring on the weekend - I remember getting my first amp and me and the old man making a racket :lol:
    Its actually quite nice being able to not have to drive anywhere, scary though having an amp posted, I hope its not Evri! Its a Peavey though, it will probably end up driving the van and delivering itself!

We call it 'rocking out' , but yes, its basically making as much noise as possible, in our old house we had no neighbours so rocking out was amps in the garden turned up to 11 and teddys enjoying the greatest rock concert of all time, Donnington was lame in comparison.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3044
    Good score. I had a Bandit 65 in the early ‘80s which I ended up PX-ing for a Marshall 2205. But recently I got hold of another one which I swapped for a Boss DD-3!

I find they’re a great pedal platform on the clean channel. You’ll need a footswitch though (unless the ‘75 has a front panel switch to change channel)

Enjoy!
    Good score. I had a Bandit 65 in the early ‘80s which I ended up PX-ing for a Marshall 2205. But recently I got hold of another one which I swapped for a Boss DD-3!

I find they’re a great pedal platform on the clean channel. You’ll need a footswitch though (unless the ‘75 has a front panel switch to change channel)

Enjoy!
    Ooops, I never thought of the pedal thing, I think it does, under the bright switch, I'll check the manual. 
    robgilmo said:

Enjoy!
    Ooops, I never thought of the pedal thing, I think it does, under the bright switch, I'll check the manual. 
    Looking at the picture again, it seems it does.

R.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    which were the early 80s ones that had the groved metal knobs ?  small 1/12 combo  (may have been 1/10)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    This arrived today guys, wee man is at mums until Wednesday so he hasnt seen it yet, big problemo, Now I heard these were loud, but really? Amp is on clean, using high gain channel, EQ somewhere in the middle, amp volume is just below 1 , guitar volume is also just below 1, anything more and its way loud , like really really loud, surely they arnt supposed to be this loud at low volume? 
    Even my Deuce can go up to like 3 or so with guitar well over half way before its getting neighbour bothering loud?
    My Bandit 65 is similar. Even in rehearsals, I don't get it much above 2-3 on the clean channel.

You could maybe make it a bit more usable by putting something in the FX loop to drop the level. Have a search for "Dr. Watson Lion Tamer".

R.
    My Bandit 65 is similar. Even in rehearsals, I don't get it much above 2-3 on the clean channel.

You could maybe make it a bit more usable by putting something in the FX loop to drop the level. Have a search for "Dr. Watson Lion Tamer".

R.
    Thanks buddy, I was thinking something in the FX loop, eq like a Boss GE-7sprang to mind , it has a level dial. I will have a google at a lion tamer.

Turns out Dr Watson is our own @Danny1969 !

I've measured up my Bandit 65 and he's going to make me one to fit (the send/return sockets are a little under 22mm, centre-to-centre).

This is the listing on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/939574052/dr-watson-lion-tamer-volume-module-for

HTH,

R.
    The volume pot is 10k linear, I wonder if swapping it for an audio taper might give less volume at the low end? Or more of a steady curve rather than on loud/off.

Free Audio Service Manuals - Free download Peavey Bandit 75 3 88 Schematic