SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn Fender Custom Vibrolux Reverb and Marshall 1987X

213603213603 Frets: 3
edited April 13 in Amps £
Withdrawn

FS - Fender Custom Vibrolux Reverb and Marshall 1987X I’m putting the feelers out on a couple of my amps. I really love them so I’m not in a hurry to sell, but I am low on space and have some new bits coming in.

First we have a Fender Custom Vibrolux Reverb dating from the year 2000. The amp is a 2x10” 40 watt combo from the Pro Tube series and is essentially identical to the ‘63RI Vibroverb. What makes this model unique however is the reverb being tied to both the ‘normal’ and ‘bright’ channels as opposed to just the latter, no negative feedback loop, and of course the tuxedo aesthetics. The result is a design with lots of volume, a focussed and detailed midrange and a good amount of harmonically rich overdrive available while retaining the classic brown-face Fender tone. 

The amp is in excellent condition and comes from a professional home, and I purchased this as-new from the original owner many years ago who also treated it in the same manner. It is loaded with the original preamp and power amp valves which all tested within spec on its last service, and the speakers have been swapped to a pair of Eminence Legends - a dramatic improvement over the stock reproduction Jensens. However, stepping things down with some 12AT7s and a pair of alnico speakers is also wonderful result! 

You may read a lot of divisive opinions online about this model, but a lot of the remarks are simply untrue and stem from poor maintenance and misunderstandings due to the naming, as the original black-face Vibrolux is reasonably different to this customised brown-face Vibroverb design. There’s an excellent demo online that I’d encourage you to watch and judge for yourself:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments