Car —Phone Problem Skoda Yeti

What's Hot
maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3128
edited March 7 in Off Topic
So, had the Yeti a month and quite pleased with it except for one issue which is really annoying me.
My android phone connects brilliantly to the Bluetooth and woks hands free over Bluetooth, however the phone sat nav google or waves will not give me audio through the car speakers. The apps say they will in settings, but can’t find anything in the cars menu which needs tweaking . Any ideas?
www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jasonbone75jasonbone75 Frets: 636
    On the phone check in Settings > Connected Devices > Saved devices > "My Skoda nnnn" - tap the settings cog next to the car connection and check that all of the toggles are enabled. There are separate switches for Phone and Audio. They are usually all turned on by default after pairing but worth checking.
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3128
    On the phone check in Settings > Connected Devices > Saved devices > "My Skoda nnnn" - tap the settings cog next to the car connection and check that all of the toggles are enabled. There are separate switches for Phone and Audio. They are usually all turned on by default after pairing but worth checking.
    Thanks Jason but just checked they are all on
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    The media unit in the car will also have separate soft switches for phone and Bluetooth media audio. At least that's how it is on my SEAT - often catches me out when I have two different phones (work and personal) - I end up with phone control on one and media control on the other...
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14428
    What model and year is your Yeti? Which audio/satnav head unit is fitted in the dash? 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3691
    Had a similar problem in my VW which uses a similar setup to Skoda. This was with an iPhone but I had to go to CarPlay and select “enable over WiFi” or something similar. 
    What model and year is your Yeti? Which audio/satnav head unit is fitted in the dash? 
    2012 Yeti and Amundsen plus
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2265
    Have you tried turning volume up on your phone? That sorted a similar problem on my Audi when phone was connecting but didn't seem to be working properly.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    my 2016  the f&cking touch screen has packed up..................no more "shuffle" on me USB stick :dissapointed: 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    bertie said:
    my 2016  the f&cking touch screen has packed up..................no more "shuffle" on me USB stick :dissapointed: 
    When we recently bought our 2016 Yeti 4x4 the screen was not working, the garage we bought from sent the unit away to be refurbed…..I dont think it was horrendously expensive
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• OffsetOffset Frets: 11691
    That sounds like a good reason not to buy a Yeti.  Or at least prevaricate for a couple of years whilst mulling it over  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 8
    paulnb57 said:
    bertie said:
    my 2016  the f&cking touch screen has packed up..................no more "shuffle" on me USB stick dissapointed 
    When we recently bought our 2016 Yeti 4x4 the screen was not working, the garage we bought from sent the unit away to be refurbed…..I dont think it was horrendously expensive

about £175 for a "mail to" repair IIRC  and £500 for a refurb unit

you can get a replacement digitiser  but it  sits over the top of the existing one for <£20,  but Ive read its "glossy" and distracting  -
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    edited March 8
    Looking at a picture of the Amundsen Plus on eBay 
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/156031041013?gad_source=1&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338723872&toolid=20006&customid=lGYfzeocAAAAG8v1Ml-xP54op_VDAAAAAA
    It's different to the one fitted to my 2014 SEAT but it does appear to have a Media Button.

1. Press Media Button - Does BT Audio show as an available source? 
    2. If it does - select it and then press Setup
    3. Select Bluetooth Setup
    4. Select "My Devices"
    5. Find your paired phone in the list
    6. Ensure that both Phone AND Audio channels are selected for your phone.

On my unit - the following screen is where you configure the Bluetooth Channel selection.

https://i.imgur.com/pmFI7JR.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/f1BDSnx.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/s8sabOH.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/Wwp7nnq.jpeg
    Mine has the media button but only shows cd and anything else not mentioned in the manual so think I’m baulked unless I go for an upgrade. Cars sat nav still has me driving round Dortmund which makes me happy!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14428
    Car's sat nav still has me driving round Dortmund, which makes me happy!
    That's still the antenna having failed. :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    Car's sat nav still has me driving round Dortmund, which makes me happy!
    That's still the antenna having failed. :)
    Yup but the radio still works and if I could get the Bluetooth working it would stay failed  !
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    Also @bertie how do I get the smell of dog out of it? Nb I haven’t had a dog for 20 years but the previous owner obviously did!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    edited March 9
    Also @bertie how do I get the smell of dog out of it? Nb I haven’t had a dog for 20 years but the previous owner obviously did!

depends,  is it cloth seats ?   (we've not had cloth seats for over twenty years for that reason) and use blankets/beds in the back that can be removed/washed

So   for areas that they might be "ingrained in odour",  a combination of enzyme based cleaner/spray (simple solution Extreme)  and charcoal bags
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • marxskimarxski Frets: 250
    We splashed out on a 2023 Fabia. The infotainment is a bit fiddly regarding connections. Also wasted time trying to get something up and running on there that isn’t available on our model. Bullshitting salesman at main dealer in W-S-M said it was part of the deal. Prick.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11691
    2 X Eliminator of All Unpleasant Smells at Source 500 ml  an Effective Smell Remover which Puts an end to unpleasant Smells Around The House
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom