Recommend partscaster strat builder

What's Hot
Just looking to see whether there are any good partscaster builders out there who can do a reliced blonde Strat?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• elstoofelstoof Frets: 2498
    Do you just want a body or are you looking for a finished guitar?
  • jesonejesone Frets: 60
    Finished guitar ideally 
  • AlvinAlvin Frets: 416
    If you want someone who is honest about how they build them  , 42nd Street Guitars/Angela Arnott .   
          Or if you want "high end" .....SVL
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jesonejesone Frets: 60
    Thanks Alvin, I'll contact Angela.
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1017
    Isn't this @GoldenEraGuitars territory?
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    Fender?
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1943
    They'll never be worth anything on the secondhand market but that's not the point. Building one yourself would be satisfying I think and it's unique to you. If I had the skill I'd do it. What I don't think is worth the bother is taking say a cheap affinity Fender and upgrading it and it costing a fortune to get it to the next Fender up in the series.

It's not co-incidental that I use that example. I have an affinity Tele that I did this with to see how good I could get it; tuners, switchgear, copper shielding, fretwork and neck finish, bridge etc and lastly, and most importantly, pickups. Apart from pickups it's remained as is. It was a good base guitar weight-wise and otherwise to start with. I paid £75 for it but I use it as a test bed for pickups. It's routed for both single or humbucker pickups and for that it has been great. I'll try pickups in it before installing in another Tele. Ironically, it's a Tele that now punches well above its weight.

It currently has some relatively cheap Iron Gear Foundry pickups in it and, bang for buck, will be better than any Mexican tele pickups up to the Vintera where is becomes a matter of preference. I've lost count the number of pickups this guitar has had but easy to check. I have a log book for it knocking around and some recordings. If you want to know my favourite pickups thus far then they're Suhr Woodsheds. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 717
    I’ve handed a few “collections of bits” to Feline and got back a fully built and setup guitar. 

I this was either all Warmoth or mixture (e.g. Warmoth and MJT etc). 

Feline didn’t finish the body, but did oil the neck.