Keep Eventide Timefactor or go digital / multi effects....

What's Hot
Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
in FX
The Timefactor is the brains of my operation currently. I'd use it on every track. I don't use any other delay pedal with it. I have a Digitech Digiverb set to reverse before it, a chorus after it, and 2 reverb pedals at the end of the chain, 1 with a general enough reverb sound, and the other a Walrus Audio Slo, so a modulated reverb where I also use the hold function.

Going into this modulated chain is an OD/Fuzz/Distortion.

I don't use amp sims live. The Timefactor is a cracking pedal, so why consider getting rid? At times, I think of additional effects I would use very sparingly such as tremolo, vibrato, octave effects, flanger, chorus, etc but don't really fancy tap dancing and having a massive pedalboard just for the sake of it.

Has anyone every compared the HX Effects for example to the Timefactor. Could I easily replicate the delay sounds? I use the repeat function on the Timefactor a lot. It's similar to a hold or freeze type effect. I don't know if the HX effects has a reverse reverb type thing.

I do think a Timefactor and a HX Effects together would be overkill.

What say ye?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8493
    I reckon the nice thing about the timefactor is a; it sounds great and b; the workflow/ ease of use aspect; it's one knob per function, the looper's great, everything's there in front of you if you want to quickly try something out mid-band practice/ recording/ on stage.

The HX stomp CAN do everything it does - "hold" would require some setting up in the patch with snapshots. But everything's accessed through a small amount of buttons, and I found it doesn't lend itself nearly as much to quickly trying stuff or altering parameters on the fly. Every time I tried, the flow of the band practice or jam would be interrupted while I went into left brain mode.

I also (and I accept this is controversial) just don't like the sound as much. Balancing wet/dry on delays and reverbs in the HX stomp and not having things sound small or over processed is a struggle for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    I think I will get a basic multieffects for small gigs, where I need to set up quickly. 
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2327
    Strymon mobius would handle your modulation needs
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27071
    I love the Timefactor. I don’t use mine that often simply because my current band barely needs any delay. But it’s still one of my all time favourite pedals. 

Strymon stuff is nice and Helix stuff is incredible but neither of them sound quite the same. There’s something about the way the TF cuts through a mix that very few delays do well
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4792
    I love the Timefactor. I don’t use mine that often simply because my current band barely needs any delay. But it’s still one of my all time favourite pedals. 

Strymon stuff is nice and Helix stuff is incredible but neither of them sound quite the same. There’s something about the way the TF cuts through a mix that very few delays do well
    I've just taken an H90 on board. Is there a particular algorithm on the Timefactor that you gravitate towards? 
    Vintage and Mod Delays are my usual go-tos. But I've used most of them at various points
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    Hooking the triple midi switch to the Timefactor has made it far easier to use and navigate in a live scenario,
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Hooking the triple midi switch to the Timefactor has made it far easier to use and navigate in a live scenario,
    Yup. I use a 2-button aux with mine. It’s ridiculous they never updated it so Left+Middle was bank down and Middle+Right was bank up. I assume it’s simply not possible the way the hardwire is wired