P90 springs / foam?

I have some Oil City P90s in a PRS SE, which I'm very happy with. But, the foam I'm using under the pickups isn't doing what I need. I think it has compressed over time and the pickups aren't coming up to match the screws when I loosen the height adjustment screws, and instead, the screws just sit proud of the pickup.

So, looking for a good source/size/length of spring (and possibly shorter mounting screws). Suggestions?

Thanks!

Matt

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10504
    tFB Trader
    Pop me your address and I'll send you some silicone tubing ... better than springs any day :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14464
    Matt_McG said:
    the foam I'm using under the pickups isn't doing what I need. I think it has compressed over time and the pickups aren't coming up to match the screws when I loosen the height adjustment screws, and instead, the screws just sit proud of the pickup.
    The same thing has been known to happen on Precision and Jazz Bass pickups. The foam may eventually expand to take up the gap under a recently raised pickup or it might not.

Firmer foam is available but that can bring its own problems. I have a DiMarzio Ultra Jazz Bridge pickup that I can push down and it snaps back into place like Arkwright's cash till in Open All Hours. :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.