WTB a small piece of speaker grill cloth

What's Hot
The speaker grill cloth on my Stinger combo amp is torn and very tatty. Anyone here suggest where I might get a piece: 32 cms high and 44 cms wide in a Brown or Brown fleck colour. The cabinet is a traditional aged blond coloured Tolex and brown grill cloth colour goes well with it. 

Thanks. 
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7038
    tFB Trader
    Did you build it yourself? I still have mine that I put together over 20(!) years ago.

I was talking to a customer recently who'd picked up a few pieces of grille cloth at a show just because they were cheap but can't for the life of me remember who it was!
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    Thanks @SteveRobinson, yes I did build it myself.  Recently it has sounded off so I am in the process of replacing the caps.  The grille cloth got damaged over the years and I am trying to take advantage of having the amp stripped down to replace the grille cloth.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    I've got this - it's more of a 'golden straw' colour than brown, but about the right size.

The flat area is 33cm x 57cm, and I could gain up to 3cm at each side if I unpicked the stapling rather than cutting it off the baffle - although that's quite a faff :).

It's from a Line 6 Flextone 3 I had to scrap, and really nice quality - I kept it in case I ever had to work on a Flextone with a damaged grille, but it's been years now.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• maharg101maharg101 Frets: 690
    I've got a remnant of basketweave going buckshee in the "paying it forward" thread at https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/3143971/#Comment_3143971 if you want it
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    Thanks @maharg101 for your kind offer but I have accepted an offer of a piece of grille cloth from another member. Kudos for your gesture....

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• maharg101maharg101 Frets: 690
    Rocker said:
    Thanks @maharg101 for your kind offer but I have accepted an offer of a piece of grille cloth from another member. Kudos for your gesture....
    No bother !
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here