SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: PRS Wood Library McCarty Trem - PRICE DROP

What's Hot
AlunAlun Frets: 125
edited March 25 in Guitars £
Hi folks, offering my Wood Library McCarty Trem for sale. 

Its a 2018 model originally produced as part of a limited run for Sound Affects. Standout features are a Pattern Vintage, solid rosewood neck, satin Faded Aquamarine finish (10 top), natural back and sides with scraped binding, hybrid hardware and 57/08 pickups. Also included a black paisley wood library hard case. 

The guitar is generally in very good condition, with only one very minor scratch visible by the bridge pickup in the right light and angle. Then there's a couple of incredibly tiny, barely noticeable marks that are shown as best as possible in the picture link below.  The satin finish has also started to gloss slightly on the picking hand area of the body, which happens with these thin satin finishes after a while in high contact areas.

Located near Reading and I’d be looking for £3100 shipped, or £3000 if the buyer collects. As far as trades go, but I would consider something like a PRS Hollowbody 594, McCarty Soapbar or maybe something else with 58/15LT pickups. Or possibly a nice PRS Studio, maybe. Other contenders would be something like a Nik Huber Krautster II. Only thing I'm not interested in at all really is Gibsons - just don't get on with the brand in general. 

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• cosmicnedcosmicned Frets: 40
    Any idea of weight?  Any interest in p/ex DGT in Cobalt blue or PJE Macon DC? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlunAlun Frets: 125
    edited March 21
    cosmicned said:
    Any idea of weight?  Any interest in p/ex DGT in Cobalt blue or PJE Macon DC? 
    Thanks for the interest! Weight looks to be around 10lbs / 4.5kg (EDIT: I’m an idiot - it’s actually 8.1lbs - finally got it on a proper set of scales!!). I'm afraid neither of those would be the kind of thing I'm looking for, though.
  • cosmicnedcosmicned Frets: 40
    Ah ok 10lbs is a no no - but much appreciated
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 16
    Little weekend bump for this. Still in two minds but might as well see if there’s any interest out there. Would still be up for either a trade or an outright sale. Just a note though that I’m not into Gibsons at all and already have both a Strat and Tele that I’m very happy with. Something like a Nik Huber Krautster would also be very interesting, as an example. Wood Library or more unusual PRS would also be good.
    Monday bump :)
    edited March 21
    cosmicned said:
    Ah ok 10lbs is a no no - but much appreciated
    Just a small correction - turns out I was overzealous with the weight and it actually clocks in at an even 8.1lbs. Also updated the photos to show the tiny scratch on the body.
    Another bump for a lovely PRS! Priced lower than any other Wood Library I can find on eBay or Reverb. 
    Weekend bump! 
    Likely final bump for this as I have someone on Reverb quite likely to send me an offer today - prepared to knock the price down to £3100 shipped or £3000 collected if anyone is tempted...?