EHX potentiometer replacement

Hi, 

Wondering if anyone could help with trying to source a replacement pot for my EHX Bass Soul Food. 

The pedal uses a 12mm 100kB dual gang pot, and I’d ideally like to use the same part as a replacement. Annoyingly, I’ve only found it available in two places, one is US-based and the other Spain-based, and both are charging outrageous sums for delivery of an item that’s worth a few quid. 

Does anyone know of a place selling them in the UK that has them in stock? Thonk.co.uk lists them, but they're out of stock. Otherwise, Google hasn’t offered much else.

Alternatively, I’m thinking I could get a 16mm 100kB dual gang pot and run wires from the tags to the pcb - it’d be more of a chore, but it’s an option. 

Any ideas and help would be appreciated. 

Thanks. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10418
    The last Soul food I repaired I just used a standard stereo 100K linear pot and jumped wires to the board. You need to look at the pin out of the old pot and identify the 2 tracks and 2 wipers so you know what PCB traces to jump them too. 

Alternatively Mouser might have something very similar as these are often used in mixing desks and stereo applications. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Thanks - should be a fun fix!