Best fuzz or distortion to use with Roland JC

FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14458
I have posted this under Amps rather than FX because I seek the opinions of JC amp owners.

As an occasional JC user and one-time Cube 60 Chorus owner, I have never cared for the built-in Distortion effect. Which third party fuzz, distortion or overdrive pedals go well through the solid state Roland?

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7207
    Rat plus JC is a legendary combination 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    Mesa V-Twin, with any other overdrive/distortion/fuzz pedal in front of that.

I've never owned one, but played through several at supplied-backline events, and there was one in the rehearsal room we used to use for a few years.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1445
    Rat plus JC is a legendary combination 

This.  Filter control is great with toppy amps like this / AC30 etc.  If you want something a bit warmer, a You Dirty Rat is even better (my favourite Rat)
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1379
    rat, bd2, muff
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1415
    You gotta try a rat first i guess. Muff could get lost at volume but will sound immense.

Any sort of pseudo preamp will do  a job. So Tech 21, Catalinbread, I reckon A Hudson Broadcast could be worth a shout.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong