Fixing a barrel style jack socket

What's Hot
Currently trying to fix a bass guitar. Have determined the jack socket is no longer making contact with the lead.
Unfortunately it's a barrel style socket. With a normal style socket I can just bend the contacts back into place. 
Any tips on resending the contacts or do I just have to replace?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7032
    tFB Trader
    It's replacement I'm afraid. These barrel jacks don't last long, but I think the Switchcraft ones are better than most.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72356
    They’re junk - all of them, even Switchcraft. Why they are somehow perceived as ‘upmarket’ compared to an open-frame jack, I do not know.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4633
    Damn. What a pain. Oh well another claim I will have to put in at work. It's a bass that belongs to work, as I'm currently going through all of the instruments, cleaning/fixing/setting up. Have to buy a saddle insert anyway for the bass (completely disintegrated) 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14431
    Have to buy a saddle insert anyway for the bass (completely disintegrated) 
    Is it a Warwick? If so, I may have a spare saddle insert knocking about. What width is the insert? 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4633
    Only just saw this. Thank you, but already have piece on order. But much appreciated