SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - 2003 Gibson ES333 Natural £1500 - Sold - Epiphone Wilshire £230

What's Hot
TeleguideTeleguide Frets: 22
edited March 26 in Guitars £
2003 Gibson ES333 in natural, great condition, inc Gibson brown hardcase. 

Being a huge Steve Marriott I always fancied a nice natural ES335 like he used in his latter years. 
I had a look at a few standards, custom shops models and even a Rusty Anderson but none really did it for me. 
I stumbled upon this one and loved it from the off, it's basically a ES335 but without the headstock overlay and a very useful control panel on the back. I am not sure why all ES guitars don't come with this, it just makes it so much easier to change pickups etc. 
This one suffers from a little lacquer lifting on the headstock, from research this is quite common on late 90's early noughties Gibsons, it never bothered me enough to get it sorted, it kind of goes with the story of the guitar. 
Neck is quite a skinny 60's profile and sports a very nice dark rosewood fingerboard.
Pickups covers and pickguard added before I purchased, presumably to make it a little more ES335 in appearance.
With the back access panel, pickup and harness changes are very quick and easy, no fishing wires and pots through the F-holes. 
As far as I can tell all parts are original apart from the gold knobs, the original black knobs will be included in sale.  
Collection from the Southampton / Portsmouth area preferred, could meet at a reasonable distance. 

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeleguideTeleguide Frets: 22
    edited March 12
    Sorry, only let me add a few pics. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 12

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 12

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27160
    That's gorgeous! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That's gorgeous! 
    Thank you 
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3231
    Very nice and a good price too. Best of luck with the sale. 
    Very nice and a good price too. Best of luck with the sale. 
    Thank you, yeh I didn't really know how to price it, sometimes you see "pie in the sky" pricing but it hangs around for so long. 
    Let put it this way, if I wanted another one and saw this for £1500 I would defiantly buy it! 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27160
    Honestly if I was in the UK I'd be looking up directions to the south coast already..!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Added 2021 Epiphone Wilshire in cherry. 

As previously stated, I am a huge Marriott fan and when Epiphone reissued the Coronet/Wilshire/Crestwood in the 3x3 headstock and symmetrical body shape I knew I had to have one.

Looked everywhere for a Coronet but there were none available so with a impatient click I purchased this Epiphone Wilshire.

I thought it may quench my thirst until I found a Coronet.

That it did and turned out to be a very respectable guitar indeed. I was intending just to hang it up on the wall and look at it but it became the guitar I used to reach for more than others.

Quite a chunky neck profile, very nice sounding P90’s 2-piece mahogany body, one piece mahogany neck and nickel hardware, its actually a really nice guitar.

I knocked the overly shiny finish back a little, replaced the wiring harness with a Six String Supplies SG harness and it was good to go.

I have had different tuners on at one point, and a extra strap button on the horn ( holes filled )

So I managed to find a Coronet a while later, changed EVERYTHING on it but it still doesn’t sound and play as well as the Wilshire! Oh well, the Coronet is THE Marriott guitar so I am keeping that.

I have no case or gig bag for it but I do have the original inner and outer shipping boxes.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mattacjonesmattacjones Frets: 507
    That Wilshire is a lovely looking thing. Does it have a price?
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3637
    That Wilshire is a lovely looking thing. Does it have a price?

£230 
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1486
    333s are lovely and that one looks tasty too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1025
    Godamn I love that 333! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bump for a lovely Epiphone Wilshire