JHS Pedals little black box or something else?

What's Hot
rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 838
edited March 11 in FX
I recently acquired a fire breathing modded JCM800 and feel the need to put a little box in the loop to tame it for my rhythm type crunchy stuff then switch it off to unleash the monster. Not sure if it’ll work with the JHS LBB? Does anyone use something similar/different to do this? I have an MXR graphic (it’s a bit noisy though) that I’m going to try tonight but has anyone had success or failure doing something like this? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• If you can solder you can build your own little black box for about £3
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10413
    edited March 11
    I think £3 is pushing it ... time you buy an enclosure, a foot switch, decent quality jack sockets and a decent quality pot you would be up to £15 or so but yes, very easy to build. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 838
    Danny1969 said:
    I think £3 is pushing it ... time you buy an enclosure, a foot switch, decent quality jack sockets and a decent quality pot you would be up to £15 or so but yes, very easy to build. 
    What value pot?
  • DeftDeft Frets: 30

One option here. The MXR EQ might be quiet enough if you're not actually using the EQ though - not tried one but this is the case with the Boss GE7

Deft said:

One option here. The MXR EQ might be quiet enough if you're not actually using the EQ though - not tried one but this is the case with the Boss GE7

Thanks I bought that. At least it has an LED that’ll tell me when it’s on! Can’t be arsed to build one to be honest. I’ll give it a try! Still gonna try the EQ pedal later
  • maharg101maharg101 Frets: 688
    Obligatory reference to the Vein Tap Leech
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
    maharg101 said:
    Obligatory reference to the Vein Tap Leech
    I may need to check this one out too! :)
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4136
    I've got a JHS LBB that I use for taming those effects loops that are too loud. And when I had an HT5 I could then gun the clean channel to get a great crunch sound.