NAD: Supro DK8

ShipwreckShipwreck Frets: 60
edited March 11 in Amps
See also my previous "since rejoining this forum I've bought my first pedal in 3 years" post....  B

I've recently moved and whilst elated to have space for my B'star 10AE it's still.. loud. Even at low volumes I feel a 12" valve amp is always punching a fair bit air and feels v present when living in a flat*. As such, I've gone against my better judgment and picked up a small combo -the smallest of the Delta King line: a Supro 1w 8" Delta King.

And I love it! Sounds richer than I expected and takes my board especially well. Some lovely ambient and gritty tones without p***ing the neighbours off. Trying to get the 'sweet spot' with my gain pedals (the boost is also kinda cool?) but it's got a decent punch and dynamics to it all that is really putting a smile on my face. For silly o'clock I enjoy the Waza Airs but there's something v cathartic and creative for me about the responsiveness of an amp and this seems like a cracking option. 

*I realise, if you read online, you're forever upsold. Yes, we love better headroom and the freq-range of a bigger speaker. But do your neighbours / spouse enjoy that vintage AC30 or Marshall stack in your apartment? I toyed with another 10w amp but I still think 1w is plenty loud in the real world!

1000058542-01

IMG-20240310-WA0006-01

PXL-20240310-164814300-01 
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5761
    Very nice. I have a Supro monster thing and always wanted to try some of the Mighty Mouse options. This isn’t helping that at all ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom