Eric Carmen

What's Hot
ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3594
edited March 12 in Tributes
No longer all by himself, having joined that amazing heavenly orchestra on 11th March.
huge influence on many other artists. RIP Eric.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23001
    You might want to change the spelling of the thread title from Carman to Carmen, otherwise people might be thinking Eric Cartman has died.

RIP, of course.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3594
    Philly_Q said:
    You might want to change the spelling of the thread title from Carman to Carmen, otherwise people might be thinking Eric Cartman has died.

RIP, of course.
    Good catch, thank you.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16113
    He'll get to meet his mentor ,Sergei Rachmaninov ,who may have a few words to say.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    We used to do a cover of Hungry Eyes, from Dirty Dancing - it always went down well, got folks on the dance-floor.

RIP,and thoughts with his loved ones.

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11804
    RIP - always had a soft spot for "All By Myself".

Also managed to pinch a Rachmaninov melody before Muse went and made their early career out of it...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9822
    I've performed All By Myself a few times with piano parts mixed with the piano concerto upon which it was based and its very satisfying to play albeit would prefer better lyrics. I'm grateful to the man for that work and the enjoyment from it.

RIP
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    I've performed All By Myself a few times with piano parts mixed with the piano concerto upon which it was based and its very satisfying to play albeit would prefer better lyrics. I'm grateful to the man for that work and the enjoyment from it.

RIP
    You must have big hands
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9822
    edited March 15
    Dominic said:

RIP
    You must have big hands
    I don't really, I'm selective with the bits I include and the bits he used for All By Myself are not very hard or spread very widely for either hand - can happily reach a major 10th with either hand despite being stumpy handed

Would not have learnt it though probably without Eric Carmen's song so I'm grateful for that.
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    Dominic said:

RIP
    You must have big hands
    I don't really, I'm selective with the bits I include and the bits he used for All By Myself are not very hard or spread very widely for either hand - can happily reach a major 10th with either hand despite being stumpy handed

Would not have learnt it though probably without Eric Carmen's song so I'm grateful for that.
    Rachmaninoff had the most huge hands ....many female pianists have no chance of playing original scores ...always inverted or thinned out /spread between hands to be even vaguely playable