SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/T - G&L USA Fullerton Strat

What's Hot
RevMattRevMatt Frets: 836
edited April 22 in Guitars £
SCROLL DOWN A FEW POSTS FOR THE 2nd STRAT...

Trades? 
Possibly, maybe a valve amp, a 90s Patrick Eggle, or something with p90s

G&L Fullerton Standard USA Strat - 2018

£750 now £700 collected from Nottingham or posted at cost

Here's a great guitar that perhaps could be described as Leo Fender's vision for the evolution of the Strat - made by the company that bears his initial, G&L, this is an excellent USA made guitar.

It's described as the Fullerton Standard, although I must admit I can't see the difference between this model and the Deluxe (maybe they are the same and one replaced the other)?

In summary, it's a Strat, that does everything you'd expect from a quality USA guitar - it looks like a Strat, plays like a Strat and sounds like a Strat. It has excellent build quality throughout, and the trem is superb - very stable, smooth and offering great tuning.

What's included:
The guitar comes in its original G&L gigbag. It includes the original paperwork, certificate of authenticity and spec sheet etc. and it has the push in trem arm. Please note that the Schaller strap buttons pictured will be replaced with the original G&L buttons prior to sale.

Condition:

The guitar is in excellent condition, with 2 exceptions which I'll come back to shortly. The body has no dings, scratches or marks that I can see, the electrics all function perfectly, the frets show very little sign of wear (if any) and it's nicely set up with new strings and a low action. The case is pretty much like new. So, the 2 exceptions:

1) the pickguard has some swirly pick marks on it

2) the neck has suffered a few little dings - I've photographed these as best as I could, but to be clear about them, there are 4 little dings on the bass side of the neck between around the 3 and 5th frets. These occurred when something bashed against the guitar whilst on its stand - they are visible, and you can feel them, although depending on your playing technique they may feel subtle due to their location on that bass side of the neck.

If it wasn't for these 2 things, the guitar really does look almost new so here's a great chance to get a superb USA Strat for a great price.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 836
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Incoming Strat bump
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 559
    That's a bargain . . . .  Nice guitar !
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Cheers - to my ears and fingers it's easily on par with the Fender Strat Professional I recently sold
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28346
    I liked my Legacy better than any Fender I'd ever tried. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    edited April 16
    Sometimes I'm embarrassed and surprised by my own ridiculousness! So, having very recently bought this guitar from this  forum, I'm adding it to the thread as I really do only need one Strat.

Trade pending: STUNNING SHERWOOD GREEN PARTSCASTER - £600 (collected from Nottingham)

This is basically a parts guitar that was assembled and set up by Neil at Ivison (look them up if you don't already know). So, it's a partsocaster, but what does that mean?

You're getting:
    • a Sherwood Green aged nitro body from SC Relics (now trading as Golden Era Guitars) - these alone cost about £450
    • Maple/ Rosewood neck made by GSP (small British maker) - 9.5" C shaped
    • Tuners from a German company called Crazy Parts - quality split post
    • Bridge - unknown, but a big block!
    • Pickups are handwound Sunbear 59s
    • wiring/electrics from Six String Supplies

All in this is £1000+ of parts, but the sum is so much greater - as you can see it's a great looking guitar, with a cool played in (relic'd) vibe, and tonally it really lives up to expectations with those superb pickups (around £200 alone). It's nicely set up and plays really well.

I've added a little pyrography to the headstock and applied Monty's relic wax as to me the neck/headstock looked a little too new compared to the rest of the guitar.

Of the two Strats listed, I dare say this is cooler, tonally extremely good (as good if not better than the G&L), personally I probably prefer the trem of the G&L and maybe the neck too, so I really could go either on which to keep and which to sell - hence letting you decide!

Only for sale as I've bought 3 Strats in the last couple of months and need to focus in a bit!!!

No case so collection ideal, but can post.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It's nearly Straturday!
    Payday bump
    Plenty of packing materials available if anyone wants postage 
    edited April 8
    Having just had yet another Strat come into the house (yes, that's now the fourth in three months), both of the above really need to go...
  • MikePMikeP Frets: 58
    I like that it wasn't purchased but mysteriously came into the house of its own volition...
    MikeP said:
    I like that it wasn't purchased but mysteriously came into the house of its own volition...
    Exactly... in fact this is correct, as the fourth strat came as a part exchange against something I sold - my plan was to sell it and keep one of the above, but it turned out that the latest arrival might just be my goldilocks Strat (just right), so instead both of the above will need to go.
    Delivery to the Huddersfield area is possible this weekend 
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3751
    Have you tried a soldering iron/damp cloth on the neck dings? Should ‘iron’ out a good bit. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    edited April 12
    Have you tried a soldering iron/damp cloth on the neck dings? Should ‘iron’ out a good bit. 
    Thanks @imalrightjack - yes, did that and they reduced a bit, there may be scope to improve them further but I got them to a point where they didn't bother me.

Trades updated
    Oh no, do I really now own three strats and I claim not to be a Strat person?
  • willlinwilllin Frets: 2
    I don't suppose you'd be interested in a trade for a Orville by Gibson Les Paul Custom (1990 MIJ Terrada)...?
    Thanks for the enquiry @willin - I've sent a pm
    Partsocaster pending a trade deal, G&L available 
    G&L now £700