NPD - Thorpy Pink Gunshot

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27064
I've wanted one of these since day one and somehow never picked one up, so when our tame pedalmaker released this glorious special edition a couple of weeks ago I couldn't possibly say no. 

It's friggin' brilliant, as expected. And the colour is spectacular. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4139
    I’m still shooketh that Barbie got snubbed.

HNPD!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27064
    I’m still shooketh that Barbie got snubbed.

HNPD!
    Haha! I saw Barbie and liked it ok but I don't think it deserved best picture awards. 

This pedal is definitely better than Barbie. I haven't seen Oppenheimer yet so I can't comment there :D 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1415
    Well, Oppenheimer would have to be compared to the Muffroom Cloud...

That's a superb looking gunshot, tell us what you think of it with your amps. HNPPD!
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlterlifesonAlterlifeson Frets: 477
    Very nice! What are you running it into? Are you running any other drives that compliment it?
  • randellarandella Frets: 4176
    Even before you get to the sound, I've always loved the look of ThorpyFX pedals. The no-messing drilled metal and exposed hex screws, offset with the more trad chicken head knobs. They look like something you'd find in an abandoned military installation from the 70s (in a good way, and not entirely by accident I'm guessing :) ).

They also look like about the only pedal going that'd be strong enough to outlive a Boss Super Overdrive. I really need to try some.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 14
    Very nice! What are you running it into? Are you running any other drives that compliment it?
    So far it’s just at home through the DC30 model in a HX stomp into a THR. But also expecting to try it in the gigging rig which is Origin Revival Drive into Fender TMDR or BadCat Cub.

For live, I have one spot for a drive that can do nice sustained single notes and the odd solo, so it's between this and a recently acquired Tacit Blue and Kingsley Harlot. I'll admit it's a very nice problem to have! :D 
  • richman6100richman6100 Frets: 339
    It's a great pedal. When I first owned mine I always felt that it was best suited to humbuckers. However, more recently I've been using it a lot with a Strat, fuzz and univibe. In fact, earlier this evening I was having a blast with...Strat > Tacit Blue > Drybell Vibe Machine > Gunshot. Glorious. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 456
    Very cool! I'm saving my pennies for any leftovers of the SP3, otherwise I would've had one of these.
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    It's a great pedal. When I first owned mine I always felt that it was best suited to humbuckers. However, more recently I've been using it a lot with a Strat, fuzz and univibe. In fact, earlier this evening I was having a blast with...Strat > Tacit Blue > Drybell Vibe Machine > Gunshot. Glorious. 
    I've mostly been on humbuckers with it as well, though admitedly only for 2 days so far! 

I use a Tele a lot with the band, so we'll see how I get on