Fighting talk

What's Hot
SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1292
https://youtu.be/T4zCHSeqQ1A?si=yyMb0kWW7EghB-0K

The comments are worth a read … Slagging off your perceived competitors really isn’t a good look.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• OffsetOffset Frets: 11705
    Christ Almighty.  He must be THE most boring, miserable, tedious bugger ever to post on YT.  I feel like a Dementor has sucked my soul out through my arsehole.  And when his mug swam into view at the end, all I could think of was this:

MAA blast from the past GGT for Holsten Pils - More About Advertising
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1292
    I only watched the first couple of minutes, while doing so I browsed the comments and then had to turn it off. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I only watched the first couple of minutes, while doing so I browsed the comments and then had to turn it off. 
    Yep.  The long comment re. Throbak was made by a bitter geek who feels he's never received the recognition he believes he deserved.

He should have taken up snooker.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27003
    I don't care enough about pickup wire (because wtf is magnet wire?!) to watch 16 minutes of it
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2396
    Didn't bother with the vid but wow, he seems very bitter in the comments. I'm sure if anyone suggested he comes across as off-putting he'd say he doesn't care anyway, possibly at length.
    Tim
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10433
    edited March 13 tFB Trader
    Well he's a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day :-)  The wire looks to be Heavy Formvar ... that's why it's 'loud' ...

'
    Throbak? He's a follower, not an originator'  

My own view?  We are all followers, the likes of Ray Butts and Seth Lover were the originators ... 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 783
    Bloody hell i clicked as thought it might be the excellent Colloseum II track with Gary giving it bifters or failing that the venerable Yosemite Sam. Any Gary fans that don't know this era , do yourself a favour, this ones epic.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22864
    No, it was too boring to listen OR read the comments.  In what sense is it fighting talk?  Is he slagging off Gibson pickups or something?
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2630
    Offset said:
    Christ Almighty.  He must be THE most boring, miserable, tedious bugger ever to post on YT.  I feel like a Dementor has sucked my soul out through my arsehole.  And when his mug swam into view at the end, all I could think of was this:

Glad I’m not the only one.

The comments weren’t any better.  It must be hell to go through life being so anal retentive and high on yourself.  The website says the pickups are for “tone connoisseurs.”  And for that reason, I’m out.

• StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
    tFB Trader
    PAF Tonez !!!!!
    I lost the fucking will to live
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14430
    I survived about ninety seconds of that.

• What is a Long Tea Nawn?

• The incomplete rubber stamp on the copper wire spool is pretty obviously SYB.

• The relative merits of PCB and point-to-point wiring in guitar amplification are thoroughly discussed by Randall Smith on the M/B website. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 838
    I lasted 1m 43 secs. YAWN!
    Cranky said:
    Offset said:

Glad I’m not the only one.

The comments weren’t any better.  It must be hell to go through life being so anal retentive and high on yourself.  The website says the pickups are for “tone connoisseurs.”  And for that reason, I’m out.

Do you reckon he's married? 
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7239
    He seems to be a bit scatter-wound.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10433
    tFB Trader
    Us pickup winders don't get out much ... and when you spend your life in a small confined space ... often alone, and just with magnets and wire for company ... something can wind up 'giving'.
    I've actually encountered several very flakey/cranky pickup winders (this condition also affects some luthiers) and is generally termed 'believing your own bullshit'

Personally I recommend a good brisk walk first thing in the morning ... prunes to keep you regular and repeating 'it's only magnets and wire' fifty times before you go to sleep each night ... possibly accompanied by self flagellation and a rub down with warm treacle ... 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Tikibird44Tikibird44 Frets: 15
    gordiji said:
    Bloody hell i clicked as thought it might be the excellent Colloseum II track with Gary giving it bifters or failing that the venerable Yosemite Sam. Any Gary fans that don't know this era , do yourself a favour, this ones epic.

I went to see them on this tour and got all the bands autographs. That video cheered me right up before I go to work. Thanks
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2396
    Philly_Q said:
    No, it was too boring to listen OR read the comments.  In what sense is it fighting talk?  Is he slagging off Gibson pickups or something?
    Comments many paragraphs long (in reply to single line comments) slagging off Throbak at great length and complaining about Gibson's practices from Norlin era onwards.
    Tim
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Is it too much to ask someone to actually tune the guitar before a demo, that’s woefully out 
  • RobG3294RobG3294 Frets: 464
    Ironically I saw a Joe Perkins video yesterday where this guy had (very rudely) commented on a video where Joe was using one of HIS designs (some kind of four uncles ABR-1).

Joe, in his polite way, had then done a comparison video off the back of it.

I nearly commented saying how rude the guys post on his prior video was, then thought better of it. Then I've seen this here today, looks like this guy is just a bit of a bellend.
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1292
    RobG3294 said:
    Ironically I saw a Joe Perkins video yesterday where this guy had (very rudely) commented on a video where Joe was using one of HIS designs (some kind of four uncles ABR-1).

Joe, in his polite way, had then done a comparison video off the back of it.

I nearly commented saying how rude the guys post on his prior video was, then thought better of it. Then I've seen this here today, looks like this guy is just a bit of a bellend.
    I saw that, Dave said that Joe’s previous bridge comparison was invalidated because he used adapter bushings instead of traditional posts. 

Joe then made a video comparing the difference in sound between the adapter bushings and the “correct” posts and the difference was fairly minimal.