Bloody Ernie ball fakes , seems a shame to Chuck them away but can’t think of a use for them

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Forgetting the fake part surely they are still usable cheap strings.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @strumjoughlamps ; you'd think so, however.... i bought 3 packs of 10s and I think they are 8s at best.  I got a legit pack and compared them visually and with some calipers and the counterfeit packaging is subtlely different but not right but the string thickness is insane.  It was only after I put them on did I smell a rat as at first sight they looked fine.  My Les Paul played horrible even after a paid for setup and I was blaming the guitar.  They rattled like crazy(G,A) and buzzed on on the low E, D and G.  My tech couldn't get them playable.  I've messaged the seller and he is offering me 20% off because they are new and usable. Haha.  I installed the genuine article and it is honestly a completely different guitar!

5 Guitars seems to be the magic number...discuss 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1067
    @strumjoughlamps ; you'd think so, however.... i bought 3 packs of 10s and I think they are 8s at best.  I got a legit pack and compared them visually and with some calipers and the counterfeit packaging is subtlely different but not right but the string thickness is insane.  It was only after I put them on did I smell a rat as at first sight they looked fine.  My Les Paul played horrible even after a paid for setup and I was blaming the guitar.  They rattled like crazy(G,A) and buzzed on on the low E, D and G.  My tech couldn't get them playable.  I've messaged the seller and he is offering me 20% off because they are new and usable. Haha.  I installed the genuine article and it is honestly a completely different guitar!

Thanks for sharing this.
    If I'd gotten 10 packs for free and suspected they're fakes from the look of the packs, I'd have binned (or given them away) only after I've tried them out first in the off-chance they're actually okay.       
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom